Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 programming experiences
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

How many complete programs have you coded?
(No ending time set)
about 20 (or less)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
about 50
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
hmm 100 or more
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
i dont program
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:19 pm   Post subject: programming experiences

How many real programs have you coded? anything thats worthwhile or for a purpose. obviously 3-liner's doesnt count. feel free to discuss
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol it tends to get way too boring after a while.. so..
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

100+ BECAUSE I'M PSYCHOTIC!
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm...that's news to us, lol Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow... well... tons of school assignments, CCCs, CCC practices... they're complete and fufill the required goal...

couple of actual projects in VB... 3 different tic-tac-toes, binary converter, network messanger (I suppose thats a 3 liner executable), addressbook, school's db... comes to think of it, couple of turing projects for friends. Monopoly, hangman, tetris...

not to mention all the source code I provide for compsci.ca (but those are usually not full, just functions).

As for discussion, I dont think that the fact that you wrote 100 programs makes you much better then 20. Experience is important to get you familiar with syntax and functions, but if you write 100 forloops that display different sequence, thats not gonna do you much good. Thats why you should familarize yourself with all the tutorials available on the site when you have time, not wait for your teacher to get to it (since its not gonna happen... finished grade 12 compsci C++ and noone ever even mentioned classes or what they are)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have made tones of progames, so i am quite shure i am over 100. but it is ture what tony side that # of progames dose not mean that you are better.

i think that just in school coreses alone i have done over 100 (that includes some i have done out side of high school).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
SilverSprite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no.. it might not mean you are better.. however experience contributes ALOT to how good of a programmer you are..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: