Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Carey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:33 am   Post subject: 3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

Heres my 3D rotation program. It uses Catalyst's ship model. If anybody knows of a program to make the raw file PLEASE tell me, I need an original model. The controls are: arrow keys, numpad 8+2, 4+6, 7+9. suggestions and comment welcome (even bad ones). I give credit to Catalyst for his engine. have fun.

3D Demo.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  3D Demo.zip
 Filesize:  270.36 KB
 Downloaded:  299 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Geostigma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:46 pm   Post subject: RE:3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

Okay, wow that engine is crazy good! Not much to comment on atm.
Saad85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:32 pm   Post subject: RE:3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

the rotation system needs to be fixed so it always rotates relative to the ship.

eg. going -> would always rotate the ship in a clockwise direction, no matter where it's facing.
Carey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:50 pm   Post subject: Re: 3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

ya i'm working on that. its harder than it sounds.

Also, i'm thinking of making this into a 3D shooter where you move back and forth on the bottom of the screen, while stuff you have to shoot flies at you, or maybe a 3D adventure game where you fly around a map, shooting enemy planes, destroying targets, etc. Could someone who is experienced in 3D in Turing give me some rough estimates as to how difficult and approximately how much time both of these would take?
Carey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:08 am   Post subject: Re: 3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

*BUMP*

-edit-

crap. are we alowed to bump?

*looks for rules*
*checks the rules*
*finds nothing*

are we allowd to bump?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:47 am   Post subject: RE:3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

If there isn't a good reason, it's discouraged. Don't worry too much about it, though.
Carey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:49 am   Post subject: Re: 3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

So since this topic is already back at the top of the list, how about some estamates. Praying (see 3 posts up)
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:00 pm   Post subject: RE:3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

That kind of game would take an extreme amount of work and effort to pull off properly. Also, you better be strong in math because doing that much 3D is going to require it. So in short, be prepared for a long haul.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:16 pm   Post subject: RE:3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

Well for the 3D shooter, you could do it in a few months, if you used raycasting, and are REALLLLLLLLLY dedicated. The 3D adventure would take too long. If you don't know what raycasting is, it's like how doom1&2 plays. I believe that some people already made a few raycasting engines right here on compsci.
lil_darkness_thug

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:43 am   Post subject: RE:3D Rotation Demo (going to be a game sometime)

yo man diz iz cool one yo
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: