Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Changing a picture automatically.
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
HazySmoke)345

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:11 am   Post subject: Changing a picture automatically.

Happy Valentines day!

Do you go to www.google.com regularly? If you do, you may have noticed that the Google logo changes its style on certain important days (such as holidays). Although today's Valentine's day, the Google logo still haven't changed yet as I'm typing this sentence, but I'm expecting it to change, soon. My question is: Do they change the logo automatically when it reaches a specific day? Or does the webpage maker change it manually? If it's possible to change it automatically, how?

Thanks in advance, as you can see, I'm quite new in HTML, there are already 3 HazySmoke)345s in a streak on the thread navigation page. Hope these questions don't bother you too much Very Happy.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaulButler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:13 am   Post subject: RE:Changing a picture automatically.

I believe new images are created each year by their designer, so they probably put them in semi-manually, maybe with a script to make things go smoothly.

Automatic image changes is easy with PHP, but I don't have time at the moment for sample code.
HazySmoke)345

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Changing a picture automatically.

Thanks for the info Very Happy
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: