Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Shaun Dreclin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:19 am   Post subject: Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?

Alright well I'm not even sure where to start with this..

I want a text clock in one of my pages that will display the current time in EST
(The EST part is important because the clock is ment to show the right time for a DJ schedule)

I want it to keep up to date with seconds, but I also dont want it to have to automatically refresh the page because of the stupid "click" noise that Internet Explorer makes

Embarassed Sorry if this is a bit too complicated, but Ive tried searching google and couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance Mr. Green

Edit: Oh yeah, if any of you know flash, a flash clock would work fine.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaulButler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:11 am   Post subject: RE:Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?

This can be achieved fairly easily with the JavaScript Date class, some basic DOM, and window.setInterval(). Is there something specific you need help with?
Shaun Dreclin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 am   Post subject: Re: Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?

Well.. Uhh... EmbarassedEmbarassed

If by something specific, you mean everything..

My JavaScript knowledge: 1/1000 Rolling Eyes
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:22 am   Post subject: RE:Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?

Um... did you attempt to search Google at all? Plenty of good results there.
Shaun Dreclin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:24 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?

rdrake @ Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:22 am wrote:
Um... did you attempt to search Google at all? Plenty of good results there.

You apparently didnt read my whole post. And yes, I DID check Google.
I am looking for a clock that will show the time in EST, no matter what your computer clock says.

I dont think the one you provided does that =\
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:57 am   Post subject: RE:Html/Javascript/Whatever Clock?

Refine your search terms, like so.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: