Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 hacking contest
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:11 pm   Post subject: hacking contest

have u guys heard about this hacking thing...a site has a contest for hacking any site and leaving a message that u were there.....maybe we should protect this site unless it has good enough security
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sometimes the hacker will leave contact info so the admin can contact them to find out how they did and then fix it
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
sometimes the hacker will leave contact info so the admin can contact them to find out how they did and then fix it

and some times the admin calls the cops on him, lol.

i have hreade of this, what is the site i may be intrested.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol ya some morons wants a job with the companies so they hack them... they need a brain...
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm....ya that hacking contest...2000 sites it it?
And they win what?

Well anyways, there is nothing to worry about as far as i know...this site is only know to people in high school....and Turing...well is a language thats not used by "MANY" people. Sites like....well there are so many sites, all the big companys can get hacked. But don't they have to hack certain web sites given to them?
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sometimes thar will be the "hack this box" type of compitiion
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this whole thing is sooo fucking stupid. It was on a site (hacking site with heavy traffic) and they posted to the competition. The site was shut down last wednesday in an effort to avoid widespread knowledge of this potentionally dangerous (for e-business) contest. So the asshole media (CNN) decides to cover this and includes ALL the contest details. So now they just got even more publicity. CNN Execs = AOL Users = Smacktards.

math doesn't lie Laughing
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

but u do.. 8)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, yah...CNN is the worst...maybe we should have a contest to hack their networks Laughing
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

http://sf.net/
I think it had got hacked :0
it was down whole morning ( BLANK PAGE ) from 5:00 - 7:00am
JSBN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heh
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I doubt it... I doubt a hacker would put just a blank page up after hacking something :/
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well LOl what whould they do to so a huge site? Put a pron site in repacement? Anyways..i MOSTLY its not hacked but what was with the balnk screen for so long?
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing i wonder wut other sites got hacked
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

BTW the cotest is over, hmm i forgot the url to the news...but i don't think anyone finished hackign all the times ( or what ever the number of sites you needed to hack ) but i do know that they extred the time for the hackers to hack sicne they were slow...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: