Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Gimp VS Photoshop: Here this now.
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 am   Post subject: Gimp VS Photoshop: Here this now.

I'm not here to debate. I'm not here to talk about my preferences. All I ask is that people take a minute and think before they spend a huge chunk of time downloading whichever program.

Gimp vs. Photoshop

Quote:
Honestly, unless you're putting out a print publication, you really don't need Photoshop. You can just as easily use the Gimp to float text over a Dragonball-Z picture to post as your image signature in a web forum as you can with Photoshop, which is what most people end up using their pirated copy for anyway.

Thank you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 am   Post subject: RE:Gimp VS Photoshop: Here this now.

Gimp is good for editing pictures and such, but I find its image creation tools (from scratch) lacking.

On a side note, why aren't you in the channel?
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Gimp VS Photoshop: Here this now.

For creating work, working on image manuplation, coloring art and etc, I think photoshop is better.

As for my preferences as to why I use Photoshop- simply because thats what Im used to, im sure I'd like GIMP if I started off with GIMP.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:27 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Gimp VS Photoshop: Here this now.

rdrake @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 am wrote:
Gimp is good for editing pictures and such, but I find its image creation tools (from scratch) lacking.

On a side note, why aren't you in the channel?

That's certainly fair. I wonder if GIMP was actually intended for such things, though, it is for image manipulation Razz

I wasn't in the channel because I was sitting at my club table without power and a bad battery. I was just emails/rss and figured you guys would like to see this.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: