Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [BETA1] Online RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:41 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

I've updated the current version.

Alot of the errors should be resolved now.

I've also added one of Remm's maps as well as a tower somebody made. Remm doesn't like it though and wants to replace it with his own.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Remm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:32 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Ja... sorry to whoever made it, but it scares me. Anyways, i had some glitchy issues where it kicked me out when I accidentally typed a letter >.< So im going to start over on my tower building tomarrow... i'll make a 4 level (B1 - F3) level tower, along with the weapon shop that is still closed.

hehe... you know you're bored when...

but for now, ima keep modding my psp until it explodes... 1 step away from ps1 games on it ^_^
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:55 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

typing the character |

crashes the server... ill add more
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:01 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

MihaiG @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:55 pm wrote:
typing the character |

Yah, thanks for finding that. I'll fix it up tommorow.

Edit: It doesn't crash the servers. It crashes all clients.
Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

I think I found out how to fix my lag. I have to log on 2 clients then close the first one. The second one wont lag for some reason =D
MihaiG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:05 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Robert @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:01 pm wrote:
MihaiG @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:55 pm wrote:
typing the character |

Yah, thanks for finding that. I'll fix it up tommorow.

Edit: It doesn't crash the servers. It crashes all clients.

yes probably cause turing is stupid...

anyway... just make a way to stop that character from being dispalyed.... ie.

parcing through all the character?
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:22 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Note to the user creating perverted user names: Your IP has been logged and you have been reported to the administrative team of compsci.ca. I'll let them deal with you there. As for CC, your IP addresses are the first to go on the nearly complete banning system. I'll be banning your whole ISP (so you don't think about renewing your address), so thanks for ruining things for others that might live near you.

The same goes for people who are impersonating myself and James. Anyone who doesn't have the accounts "Robert" or "James" are not staff. I've had people come on with the name "Admin".
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:45 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Remm doesn't like my tower?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:14 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

You should edit the map maker so you can use the mouse for the tile selection and scrolling through all the tiles. It's kinda hard to make a map when you don't know which number corisponds with what set etc.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:34 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

you might want to rethnik banning entire ISPs tho rob, after all the people around an ***hole shouldnt suffer because he is one.
Remm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:52 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

StealthArcher @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:45 pm wrote:
Remm doesn't like my tower?

hehe, sorry man, but no, i dont.

Just a few pointers...

--make sure nothing has been bugged (sometimes, when you select a new tile, random tiles will be reverted back to grass or other). Make sure these tiles are fixxed before submitting

--It doesnt have to take up the whole area. For example, look at both the bar levels. just make what it looks outside basically the same, even if your inside is a little bigger.

--make sure you arnt cutting off giant portions of the map (like your second floor). This enters uselessness, and is very cramped for larger number of players

--dont spam stuff. For example, the amount of crossed swords in floor 2 was just crazy exessive. A little here and there can look good at times, but there is such a thing as too much. Too much flare makes it hard to look at :/

--no rainbows. Dont use multi-tilesetish. if one peice of the wall is super dark, unless it can fit well, somthing crazy light on non-attaching to the walls will look totaly out-of-place.

And thats all I got atm.... WoW exp out... gunna check it out Razz
I b makin maps later, so if you want to improve the tower, nows the time Very Happy

'Cya all
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Quote:

An run-time error has occurred in this program.

Line 66 of <Unknown file #39>: I/O attempted on unopened stream number -10. Open failed with message 'Net Error. Windows Socket Library Error #10061'.

Previously that wasn't happening, but I was stuck on the initial screen - it looked like the connection to the server was not fully established.

This time around it's outright gone. I suspect that my University would have some firewalls running against this.. I can only suggest trapping those errors for now.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:44 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

I got that error too and i dont have any firewalls.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

same...

Mihai ||||
Zayman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:18 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Unfortunately same here, it's been like that since your last update, I think there was something wrong with it perhaps? I think it first happened to me right after the most recent update.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 7  [ 95 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: