Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [BETA1] Online RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:21 am   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

This program is very interesting. Is there any chance you will release the source?

+bits
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:59 am   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Names need a max leangth. When i make a character named RemmYourLordGodAndSaviorOfAllThatIsSexy, its kinda ridiculous how my name goes across the whole screen, lol 12 char cutoff or somthing ^_^
Lookin better tho; ty for changing name text to somthing brighter. I sent you two maps and some other bug fixes on both the map creator and game itself. If you didnt recieve them, i'll just post em here.
GL
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:45 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Tony @ Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:38 pm wrote:
It looks pretty awesome from the screenshot, though I don't have a Windows machine to try this out on.

A good idea would be to send out system messages upon login (such as this "update client"), and possibly some client version validation.

Yah, I always planned on doing it but never followed through.

Now that there is a snow day I guess I'll have time to implement it.

If you haven't seen CC in action yet, the coolest feature is the dynamic maps. When playing online, if a staff member is editing a map, you'll see the changes happening as you play.

EDIT: Remm, I got your bugs for the Map Editor and forwarded them to my partner. He was the one who did the map editor. As for the name text, I thought I fixed that in the last version. They should be yellow? I'm putting a cap on name length now.

EDIT2: Eric, I don't have any intention on releasing the sourcecode. (At least not untill I've handed my project). If I continue working on this game after classes end, I probobally won't release the source since it will reveal security threats.
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:10 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

AGH! I cant get in
i downloaded again, but it still says my version is out of date and wont let me in!

oh, and btw, you need a back button from character selection

:O all my characters are deleted :'(
romantic_programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:27 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

not bad. My team and myself are creating one Similar to yours. We have been working on it for about 7 months... I like the look, and and feel. And it is still good quality for turing.

I can't wait to see what you guys will be adding.
We finally got guilds working over the christmas break.

I hope to see your game finish.

peace out and nice work..

Romantic_Programmer
and the JJRealms Design Team
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:49 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

SquallX7 @ Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:45 pm wrote:
I probobally won't release the source since it will reveal security threats.

Security through obstruction? Ok... but I can still write my own client from scratch, right? Laughing

Good luck with your project, and let me know if you need any help with hosting or such - we've got excess resources here Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:07 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Tony @ Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:49 pm wrote:
SquallX7 @ Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:45 pm wrote:
I probobally won't release the source since it will reveal security threats.

Security through obstruction? Ok... but I can still write my own client from scratch, right? Laughing

Good luck with your project, and let me know if you need any help with hosting or such - we've got excess resources here Wink

Thanks for the offer, but we're pretty content with my modest linuxbox :p

And yah, you're free to write your own client if you want, lol! If it turns out better then mine I'd use yours as the official one. I've put all my work into the Server, so the client is kind of lackluster.

In case you're wondering why you're all getting "Wrong Version. Please Update.", I've fixed the majority of the bugs listed here. (And obviously it also checks version now)

I'll post an announcement when I have the update up for download.

And seven months seems like a long time. This was built in about a month. Although I have quite a bit of network experience with Perl, VB.NET, Java, and C++ too, so that made development alot swifter.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Robert Taylor
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:15 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Client has been updated.

New Users: http://cconquest.ath.cx/cconquest/cconquest.zip

Previous Users; http://cconquest.ath.cx/cconquest/cconquest_update.zip
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

A) second link doesnt work
B) 5 character pass min is evil at best
C) I still cant get in :'(
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Remm @ Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm wrote:
A) second link doesnt work
B) 5 character pass min is evil at best
C) I still cant get in :'(

Second link is fixed.
Five char min is good!
You can get in. I saw you in the logs.
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:59 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

I get in and it immidiately kicks me back out. No, i cannot get in.

How is 5 character minimum good? i doubt anyones going to want my password, lol. besides, you dotn even know the other peoples account names since ingame names are different. Bleh. Fine, leave the 5 char min. i just want in lol
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:08 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Try re-installing a fresh client.

EDIT: There are 3 people on the server using the updated client, so it's odd how you can't get in.
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

did

Version updates make Remm Cry.

Anyways, i've reinstlaed the thing a few times and it still doesnt work. as I bring it up, lotsa red text appears then it kicks me within miliseconds. Yeah. I have no luck. Gunna reboot computer and try again.
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:36 pm   Post subject: RE:[BETA1] Online RPG

Oh... I shouldn't have made it "Immediately close Run Windows" on program termination.

I've re-uploaded everything with a client that won't close automatically.

Tell me what the red message says. It's probobally just that you're using someone else's accountname or charactername.
Remm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:45 pm   Post subject: Re: [BETA1] Online RPG

Well when you made your damn 5 char limint I couldnt log into my old account *AGHH!!!!*
So, seriously, either delete the Remm acount so i can relog in under that account name with a dum leangth password, or get rid of 5min. Anyways, that means you need somthing to check if the name is already taken BEFORE you enter game world, so they can repick without going ?!?!??!!?
Redownloading it now.... heh
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 7  [ 95 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: