Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bug Report
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

Silent Avenger @ 10th January 2007, 4:57 pm wrote:

Yes, but still if it says "Most users ever online in one day was 1672 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:45 am" that must mean 1672 users were online on that day but then it says "In total 1095 users have visited this board today" it just seems really weird that they don't match up.

This relay is not a bug, what is happening is the two stats are being calculated diffrent ways. One is during the calendar day (ie. 12 to 12 on the 10th of jan) and the other is the last 24 hours. Tho it dose still seem odd so i will check it out just to be sure. Hidden users could also be messing up the count, tho i dough we have 600 of them.

Nick wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I can't connect to the chat room. It worked fine for me on Monday, but since then I haven't been able to connect. It gives me the following message.
Quote:
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.afternet.org resolve)

This is also not a bug, some one has changed the security seatings for java on what ever computer you are running it on so it can not use network commands. My bet is you tryed this at school and it did not work but works at home. Also when the security warning comes up the 1st time you use it and you click no or do not run it could causes that as well.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Bug Report

Nick @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:03 pm wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I can't connect to the chat room. It worked fine for me on Monday, but since then I haven't been able to connect. It gives me the following message.
Quote:
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.afternet.org resolve)
Somehow you are not being allowed to connect to the server. Do you have a firewall or something similar blocking port 6667?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:11 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Bug Report

rdrake @ 10th January 2007, 7:03 pm wrote:
Nick @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:03 pm wrote:
Quote:
Connecting...
Somehow you are not being allowed to connect to the server. Do you have a firewall or something similar blocking port 6667?

I forgot about that posiblity witch is also extreamly likely. Alot of schools, libbrays, net cafes and firewalls block the irc ports by default since they are offend abused.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
neufelni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

I never tried it on a school computer. Both times, when it worked and when it didn't work, I was on my home computer.

It seems to work alright now though. I think it was because of Windows Firewall, since a Windows Firewall window pops-up when I try to connect.
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

I tried to upload a new avatar from a url since my old one no longer works and I got this error.

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 314
File : usercp_avatar.php
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

Trying to work the T&A system again:

I edited ericfourfour's article and clicked submit. It doesn't show up in the Turing section. Perhaps because it is listed as a Tip, not a tutorial. I finally got it by doing a search for it. Then when viewing the article, I tried the link to leave a comment, and I was told "the topic or post you requested does not exist".

Also, when doing a search and following the link given, the searched terms are highlighed. Of course, that's good. Except their highlighted in such a colour that they almost don't appear there. I'm using subGrey.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

This ties in with Cervantes' bug. The posts is still counted in the section, just not there. So it must still be in the database, or an error occured... Confused
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

[Bug] I suddenly get logged off compsci and then I can't log back in without deleting my cookies :/
This bug is seriously irritating since if I close my browser without logging out or something, I can't log back in without deleting my cookies xD
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

http://www.compsci.ca/v3/kb.php?mode=article&k=11&highlight=tip

The highlight looks okay on subSilver (Orange). And thats weird, the counter says there are 2 articles posted though.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

[bug] Not a big deal, but I haven't gotten my star for being a member for a year, and today was the day that I joined (in 2006 obviously)
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

Most likely time difference? XD
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

I honestly don't know, but I would still think it'd be there by now...
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:47 am   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

I must also note that using single quotes (I haven't checked double), in the subject causes a backslash to come before if you press submit or preview. If you are previewing multiple times another backslash will go behind it. Eventually you end up with around 20 or so backslashes in your subject.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

A bit of an annoyance... When you go to a profile and click "find posts by this user" it doesn't display the posts in chronological order at all. In fact, it's hard to tell what it's doing at all. Confused
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

If you have []'s in a bbcode tag, the tag doesn't work and the bbcode is posted. See here. Clearly applies more to some people than others *cough*.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 75 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: