Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bug Report
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

When trying to delete a post in Turing Help, I got the following error:

Quote:

Could not insert private message sent text

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'm trying to make (I'm a nub ;_Wink in topic Really need help with this blackjack p' at line 2

INSERT INTO v3_privmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_text) VALUES (21520, 'Your post, Really need help with this blackjack program I'm trying to make (I'm a nub ;_Wink in topic Really need help with this blackjack program I'm trying to make (I'm a nub ;_Wink, was deleted by Cervantes. If you think this was done in error or whould like to know more about this action please PM Cervantes.')

Line : 802
File : functions_post.php

Looks like Tony took care of it, somehow. I know, however, that when I clicked the delete button on the first post of that topic and got that error, I then refreshed the forum and saw it was still there, so this wasn't an issue of me trying to delete something that had already been deleted.

Dan: Fixed.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

Very similar problem when trying to edit somebody else's post:

Quote:

Could not insert private message sent text

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'm trying to make (I'm a nub ;_Wink in topic Really need help with this blackjack p' at line 2

INSERT INTO v3_privmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_text) VALUES (21527, 'Your post, Re: Really need help with this blackjack program I'm trying to make (I'm a nub ;_Wink in topic Really need help with this blackjack program I'm trying to make (I'm a nub ;_Wink, was edited by Cervantes. If you think this was done in error or whould like to know more about this action please PM Cervantes.')

Line : 378
File : functions_post.php

Also, in the rules that appear above Turing Help:
Quote:
All posts most be questions and most fallow the guid lines of a help topics. No spaming, no submisions and no making topics with poorly named subjects like "i need help". Bits and posts counted.

"most" -> "must"
    "fallow" -> "follow"
    "guid lines" -> "guidelines"
    "topics" -> "topic"
    "spaming" -> "spamming"
    "submisions" -> "submissions"
    "i" -> "I"
Wolf_Destiny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:03 pm   Post subject: Small liiiiittttlllle error in v3 text.

Just a tiny thing, shouldn't be too hard to fix, or even a priority, but if you mouseover the smite button (- karma) and leave the mouse there until you get text, it says "smelt" not "smite".

But so far, I really love V3, it's much...how can I put this...ah! SHINY-er. And everyone knows how much people like "shiny"s

~Wolf_Destiny

P.S. If it somehow matters, I'm running XP Pro, and Firefox 1.0.4

Dan: Very Low Priority
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:06 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

yeah, I've run into the same message, and ended up deleting the thread itself (apparently it doesn't try to PM the author)

The problem above (as I've told Dan already) is that the ; in the title breaks SQL because it's not escaped properly.

Note to moderators: don't delete posts with SQL in the title!

Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

I just merged Wolf_Destiny's post into this forum. Here's a minor note: After merging successfully, it gives you the link to return to the topic, but in this case I'd moved the whole topic (there was only the one post) so it said the topic did not exist any more. This isn't a bug, but rather a possible design flaw. I suppose it should also give us a link to the thread that we merged into as well as a link to the thread we took the post(s) from.

Dan: Very Low Priority
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report ;;;;;

Won't the " ' " also break it :/

ericfourfour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:56 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Bug Report

Amailer @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:55 pm wrote:
What text? Seems perfectly normal to me :/

Underneath the syntax box the text's font size is smaller when previewing the post. When it submitted it is the normal size. It was just bothering me the other day.

Dan: Not a bug, it's a feature Wink
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

Oh, sorry, didn't see the 'Preview'

Dan: Not a bug, it's a feature Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Brightguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:33 am   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

A lot of characters in old posts don't display properly anymore (e.g., they appear ").

Some font colours are harder to distinguish now. Like links and the search highlight.

Also when searching, pressing enter brings up username search.

Dan: Very High Priority
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

It's probably not a bug but I noticed that the most users ever online in one day doesn't match up with the number of visitors who have visited even though they are both on the same day. These numbers are both from today and if it isn't a bug could someone tell me how the total number of users on in one day is calculated? Here's a pic: Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

One other thing which is more of a disadvantage than an error is that an attachment can't be added to posts in the general forum.
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

Silent Avenger @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:14 pm wrote:
It's probably not a bug but I noticed that the most users ever online in one day doesn't match up with the number of visitors who have visited even though they are both on the same day. These numbers are both from today and if it isn't a bug could someone tell me how the total number of users on in one day is calculated?
Highest number of users online at one time is over the entire time of statistics collection, number of users which visited for that day means... well... the number of users which visited on that day alone.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

[Bug] Just to log it here... Topics and private messages that have been viewed still show up as 'new topics/pms' and don't get read (same with forums that have no new posts in them).
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

[Bug] After posting a shout in the shout box and the user refreshes the page, the shout get re-posted causing duplicates

[Annoying Feature?] When images are posted on the forum with a link (look at the 2nd post above) to them, it opens up a new window with that image in it, and it opens up that websites url which to me is kinda irritating :/ tbh, no need for that new window.
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Bug Report

rdrake @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:25 pm wrote:
Silent Avenger @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:14 pm wrote:
It's probably not a bug but I noticed that the most users ever online in one day doesn't match up with the number of visitors who have visited even though they are both on the same day. These numbers are both from today and if it isn't a bug could someone tell me how the total number of users on in one day is calculated?
Highest number of users online at one time is over the entire time of statistics collection, number of users which visited for that day means... well... the number of users which visited on that day alone.

Yes, but still if it says "Most users ever online in one day was 1672 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:45 am" that must mean 1672 users were online on that day but then it says "In total 1095 users have visited this board today" it just seems really weird that they don't match up. Oh and Amailer, I don't think that the image appearing in a new window and having the browser go to the website url is a bug I think it's just the way the the line I copy and pasted from imageshack was written, sorry about that. That's why I said it's annoying not being able to add attachments in the general forum because then this happens.
neufelni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Bug Report

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I can't connect to the chat room. It worked fine for me on Monday, but since then I haven't been able to connect. It gives me the following message.
Quote:
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.afternet.org resolve)
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 5  [ 75 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: