Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 V3 Live..........kind of.
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:34 am   Post subject: V3 Live..........kind of.

Finlay V3 has gone live and the old v2 database has been moved and converted to run with it. There are tones of new features and parts of the site now and many of the requests users have had for the new site software have been added. Some of the bigest ones being the Image Gallery, Links Page, Chat Room, Tutorials & Articles Page, lots more bbcodes, syntext highlighting for many langues including truing and ruby and many new tools to help our staff.

Image Gallery
This offers our users a place to upload images relating to the site and topics we have listed as well as create there own personal gallery.

Links Page
This page lets users post links to sites related to computer science and rate them.

Chat Room
This is a java irc client that will link you up to our affternet irc chat room.

Tutorials & Articles
This page will allow you to view the best tutorials and articles on the site, rate them or post your own. Unforntly we have not yet had time to add existing ones but we will update over the next few months.

BBCodes
There are lots more now, some hidden ones too. The best of them is the new syntax tag that will hilight your code like an ide whould. This works for a bunch of langues including turing if you put the name in right. You can test out thess bbcodes in the topic in off topic fourm made for posts about testing.

Calendar
The calendar will alow users and staff to post events happing in the computer science world that may be of intrest to every one here.

This is a new way to rate users that is controler complelty by users. You may add or take one karma point from a user each day and effect there karma rating.

And Lots More!
There are tones of other new things that have been added but i do not have time to talk about yet. So have fun taking a look around be becarefull not to break anything Razz

And now for the bad news....

Due to the time constraints of life not all the things i wonted to put in to v3 have been yet. However i do plan on doing updates to the site every week or month to add in the parts of v3 that are still in development. Also since this was rushed to live, i for see there being alot of bugs. If you find one post the bugs topic in GD or e-mail/pm me and i will try to get it fixed ASAP. Unfrontly there are also optimization issues due to the way v3 was created. At the curent moment v3 is rather unefshent and takes a bit longer to load then i whould like. However i see many many ways to improve this but just have yet to have time to fix it (tho i plan to).

P.S. Google's bot might hit our little site hard this week with all the new pages to look at so please bare with us if there is any down time.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
unknowngiver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:18 am   Post subject: RE:V3 Live..........kind of.

yai !! it looks awesome Dan! good job
1 small thing: Center the quick reply box Wink
Neo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:06 am   Post subject: RE:V3 Live..........kind of.

Yeah nice job +1 karma....just testing . Smile
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:12 am   Post subject: Re: V3 Live..........kind of.

And so we are finally here...! Excellent. I can't believe we actually have a spellchecker now!
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:10 am   Post subject: RE:V3 Live..........kind of.

is it supposed to lag this much?
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:27 am   Post subject: Re: RE:V3 Live..........kind of.

Andy @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:10 am wrote:
is it supposed to lag this much?
Chances are it's the googlebot attacking again. They were flooding the site ~5 AM this morning.
Clayton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:24 pm   Post subject: Re: V3 Live..........kind of.

w00t! It's alive!
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject: RE:V3 Live..........kind of.

After all the imags were cached, the site runs cooly Very Happy gj, nice work.

So, how are we going to populate the Tutorials & Articles section?
Also, start making those answered help topics as "Answered" Very Happy Helps a lot
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:54 pm   Post subject: RE:V3 Live..........kind of.

Hehe, after all this time V3 is here. Looks decent, good work Dan. Smile
Clayton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: V3 Live..........kind of.

It is indeed excellent, however, it would seem all off topic posts from v2 now count toward total post count.
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:28 pm   Post subject: Re: V3 Live..........kind of.

Freakman @ Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:09 pm wrote:
It is indeed excellent, however, it would seem all off topic posts from v2 now count toward total post count.
You see, it went something like this...
IRC Room Yesterday wrote:
Jan 07 02:07:47 <dan> oopss.......every one just got there post counts reset to the real value
Jan 07 02:07:54 <rdrake> heh
Jan 07 02:07:58 <Ultrahex> lol
Jan 07 02:08:30 <dan> oh well, i guses it is a reward for being there at the coming of v3
Jan 07 02:08:38 <Ultrahex> lol ya
Jan 07 02:08:38 <dan> or a reward to the spamers......
Jan 07 02:08:47 <Ultrahex> mhm
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:48 pm   Post subject: Re: V3 Live..........kind of.

I plan to fix that, will not be hard just need the time to make a script to caluate the post counts right.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: