Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Playing .avi on a webpage
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:07 am   Post subject: Playing .avi on a webpage

What is the code for making an avi play on a webpage. Kind of like Youtube, where you don't have to download anything, it just plays 'live' on the page. Thanks Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Streaming! That's the word i'm lookin for Very Happy . How would I 'stream' something on a webpage?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You'll want to look into embedding. Wink
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

K, gandalf, i got it working... one thing though.. Because the file i have is fairly large, it takes a good 10-15min to upload from the location, and during this time the screen on the player is blank. How do I make it play and buffer simultaneously? Thanks
md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm not entirely sure you can. Depending on the plugin used to view the embedded content on the clients machine it can buffer/play/simply save however it wants.
xHoly-Divinity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... well when I watch diff clips, it'll say 'buffering' on some and it'll show the bar how much it has buffered. Then on my file, it won't show it
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: