Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Add Sound to Animation
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:30 pm   Post subject: Add Sound to Animation

I didn't see anything after a search, so here I ask a very basic question.

Using FlashMX 6.0, how do you add sound to your animation without using actionscript? Like when this frame happens, play this sound.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wthef_wc3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Simple -
first import a sound to library then
create a new layer and drag the sound into it from the library (f11), use key frames to contain a sound. to stop all sounds, click on the keyframe you want the sound to stop on and under 'actions' put stopAllSounds ();
(Its under movie control)
Viper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

(i know i didnt ask this question originally but) i tryed 2 do what u said n it dont work does the music have 2 be a certian format
lord_pwnerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Although I have never used Flash 6 (I'm using Flash 8), I believe that Flash does not accept midi, or wav files. ( I may be wrong) If what wthef_wc3 told you to do is not working, then convert your files to mp3, just to be safe, and try that.
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think Flash MX (Studio 8) accepts mp3 files because when ever I tried to import .mp3 files, it says its unsupported. Though im sure a few versions back mp3 files used to work. But wav files work perfectly on Studio 8 - wthef_wc3's steps should work.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: