Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Forces Source Code
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:55 pm   Post subject: Forces Source Code

All right, that's it; I've decided to release the source. It will be here for all to see. All my months of work, in one tiny zip file.

Please keep in mind that different portions were written under different circumstances and levels of knowledge of Turing.

If someone would like to convert this into a cross-platform language, please do so! It would be much appreciated.

I have changed the code so that it's small. There are two folders included, one named music, and the other background. You can put .mp3s files into the music one and .jpg files into background, and they will work in the game, switching at random.

Forces10_beta3.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Forces10_beta3.zip
 Filesize:  144.85 KB
 Downloaded:  2246 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Clayton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just finished looking through ALL of the source and WOW, that is a lot of work (love the way you did your lightning bolts too, I never would be able to do that...) now i can see why forces was so good. I love the warnings that you used during particularily "rough" segments of code.

"Warning the following code is [bad] as it was done at crunch time, it works and thats all that matters" Laughing

Nice to see that you decided to post the source though. Heres another Well done! Good Job on Forces Very Happy
BenLi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pic.Blur? i'm using 4.0.5 which is the newest version at the time forces was released. Wanna give the .tu source?
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its turing 4.1 and was a late feature. You can delete the line and it will run fine. However, i put the source here for ppl to look at, mainly. Thank you, to those who do.
Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

where the heck did you get turing 4.1?

my school doesnt have it and i cant find anywhere to download it
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I purchased a fully licensed copy from my local Holtsoft distributor.
petree08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah this program is really sweet
iamcow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah strange, my school has it but they don't have the distribution copy yet
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mr. T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:01 am   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

Windsurfer wrote:
I purchased a fully licensed copy from my local Holtsoft distributor.

lol. sucha model citizen. Laughing
blaster009

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha...Bit Torrent FTW.
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"Purchased" is such a... vague term Laughing
But i know they were distributing Holtsoft software.

But honestly. Has only one person glanced at this code? Or have all the downloads simply been to play the game?
Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Now that I've had time to take a good thourough look at the code i have a couple of comments:

1)Package related procedures in a module, instead of just having your procedures crammed in some random include file, create a module to package procedures/functions in. It's a good thing to do to help with the organization of your code Very Happy

2)Make your particle (sparkle) engine a class. This way you will once again get the advantage of organization, plus the ability to have greater control over what goes on, depending on how you code it.

If you don't know how to do either/or of these things, check out the Turing Walkthrough for the tutorials on them (that is if you're interested in improving Forces)
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry, I've been meaning to play around with your code, but as you know I don't exactly have a Windows machine to run Turing on.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
md

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I too am interested, but without any way of running my yet to be aquired version of turing on linux I haven't downloaded it.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

honestly guys, we should just build a turing compiler that's platform independent. it wouldnt be that hard.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: