Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What browser do you use?
(No ending time set)
Firefox
59%
 59%  [ 112 ]
Internet Explorer
32%
 32%  [ 61 ]
Something else.
7%
 7%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 188

s3arkay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I use firefox all the time now, i like the tab thing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

s3arkay wrote:
I use firefox all the time now, i like the tab thing

If you think that's cool, check out this: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/12/

Mouse gestures. By right clicking and dragging the mouse in different ways you can do different things with the browser, such as opening/closing tabs/windows, going forward and back and so on. Very useful. Also, you should install adblock and the filter set updater to never see an advertisement again.
codemage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

...a feature they copied from Opera, I might add. Love the extensions though.

The newest version of Opera is supposed to support "widgets" aka extensions, BTW.
vTm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Firefox I lile it better than IE 6 & Opera.
Mozilla Seamonkey is alright I'm using it right now, kinda looks like netsape
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

vTm wrote:
Mozilla Seamonkey is alright I'm using it right now, kinda looks like netsape
Hm... what a coincidence Wink.

mozilla.org wrote:
Established in July 2003 with start-up support from America Online's Netscape division, the Mozilla Foundation exists to provide organizational, legal, and financial support for the Mozilla open-source software project and its mission to preserve choice and promote innovation on the Internet.
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

as soon as i get a new copmputer, i'm going to get both (explorer come with windows, and i'll dl firefox)

anyone got a url or do i just put www.firefox.com?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You know, "google" has actually become a verb in the English language: "to search for information about a specific person through the Google search engine"

I suggest you try to "google" the term, "firefox", and see what comes up. I also suggest not asking such silly questions in the future.

Thank you. That will be all.
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
You know, "google" has actually become a verb in the English language: "to search for information about a specific person through the Google search engine"

I suggest you try to "google" the term, "firefox", and see what comes up. I also suggest not asking such silly questions in the future.

I tend to ask stupid questions just beacuse i wabnt to be sure and get a direct answer from the pros (a.k.a. compsci.ca) it won't happen again, and if it does, i give you persission to publicly humiliate me on the forum.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:

I tend to ask stupid questions just beacuse i want to be sure and get a direct answer from the pros (a.k.a. compsci.ca) it won't happen again, and if it does, i give you persission to publicly humiliate me on the forum.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You've double posted. I beleive that humiliation is in order Cervantes Laughing . Anyways, I use IE6, because the computer I use is not my own, it is my parents', and they won't let m get it. Grrr...
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ZeroPaladn wrote:
and they won't let m get it. Grrr...

Just run Firefox Portable from any flash media (USB drive, iPod, etc)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey cool!

will it be able to run on 1.0 or 1.1 USB ports? cause tahts all my old computer supports.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
ZeroPaladn wrote:
and they won't let m get it. Grrr...

Just run Firefox Portable from any flash media (USB drive, iPod, etc)

Hot. Never knew they had that. Then again, i never looked into it extensivly.
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

War_Caymore wrote:
hey cool!

will it be able to run on 1.0 or 1.1 USB ports? cause tahts all my old computer supports.
Doesn't matter, only difference will be it's slower.
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rdrake wrote:
War_Caymore wrote:
hey cool!

Doesn't matter, only difference will be it's slower.

ah, jw because i have a Nintendo DS WiFi connector and it won't run on my computer becasue the link is not supported. i looked up in the manual and it said i needed win XP (got it) and one available 2.0 USB port (cannot be from a USB splitter). thanks. i'll try and look for it. i get too much spyware from explorer.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 56 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: