Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 lol one of the best anti-windows jokes around
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:58 pm   Post subject: lol one of the best anti-windows jokes around

http://www.deanliou.com/WinRG/WinRG.htm

yea i'm pro mac 8)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not as much pro-mac, more of anti-windows, but still funny in many ways Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that isn't really pro mac... just anti ms... still funny

but if you want some real humour check this out Very Happy
http://www.shackspace.com/~gauss@shackmail.com/mac.wmv

edit: aww poo looks like it's not up any more... and I can't attach it here :/
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"pro-mac" means anti windows...and PaddyLong that site does not work
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
"pro-mac" means anti windows...and PaddyLong that site does not work

not ture, i am anti-windows and even more anti-mac. What about linux poleop?!?!?!? it not mac and not ms bull shit! plus it is free, all hail the pengue!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

righto... there exists not just two OSes of macOS and windows therefore anything against either is not directly pro the other.

I need somewhere to upload the video because it is great hilarities.
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there are a lot more mac-windows wars around, as comapred to linux-windows wars. so yea, usually pro-mac dudes are anti-win dudes.

I like linux too. thoug i prefer my osx. I'ts UNIX!!! same thing. but just more support!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mmm pretty much any one is an anti-windows person... and I would actually say there's more linux-windows wars around just because of how stingy ms is and how open linux is... and then it seems that the mac guys try to jump in and start something with windows...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you guys all suck

BeOS forever!

Razz

Download it here if you're man enough! Razz
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
mmm pretty much any one is an anti-windows person... and I would actually say there's more linux-windows wars around just because of how stingy ms is and how open linux is... and then it seems that the mac guys try to jump in and start something with windows...

since windows 3.x the mac dudes were annoyed with M$. Why? well they felt M$ copied the GUI concept from them. Thats when all the mac-win wars began.

Linux dudes are now only fighting for recognition. Their real competition is the mac.. since its attracting off a lot of UNIX developers to its side!!

BeOS is a cool concept. But not very productive, just like Linux.
I think it's only the Mac and Win that are highly productive platforms right now.
Miyoko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, okay well this debate has been going on for a while; it really just depends on what the computers purpose is. If you are a graphic artist, or do alot of sound work then the MAC os is used. If you are someone of simple needs such as checking your e-mail or browsing the net you choose the windows OS. If you are working with deticated servers, or any type of server application you choose linux.

As far as these windows flash things go, they arn't funny. At all, you have the realize, windows doesn't make any mistakes; I have never had windows ever just crash out of the blue. It's always a series of isolated incodents that lead up to windows crashing, like the inability to free allocated memory from some programs. So when the program's crash, windows sometimes won't be stable enough to deal with leaked memory. Most of the time, the crash isn't directly related to windows, but more often the program trying to interact with windows functions, and most gets a wrong return. Sure other operating systems are more stable, but all 3 are used for different purposes.
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i thought so that u might think that only graphics artists/DTP ppl use macs. or that would be the best purpose to use macs...

But macs are also use for scientific calcualtion, mathamatical modulation, high performance i/o servers (xserve all the way), and games!!

your idea of the mac is primitive. what u have in mind is macos9 or below. Check out X

hmm.
yea windows does have poor multi-tasking abilities. Confused

PS: the PowerMac G5, is the fastest Personal Computer in the world as of today.
Asok

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

big lie. first off the stats if you want toy check them out are here: http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html

anyways my server owns the hell out of it. It's an Xbox running Linux Smile

100x more stable Razz
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Asok wrote:
Quote:

big lie. first off the stats if you want toy check them out are here: http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html

anyways my server owns the hell out of it. It's an Xbox running Linux Smile

100x more stable Razz

true but a dual 2ghz ppc or out beats a dual xeon. and single 2ghz ppc outbeats the 3ghz intel. this funny speed rating has always been the case for PowerPC chips dunno why. They probably mesure its speed differently Confused
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

naw rizzix... it's probably a similar thing with the AMD/intel thing... where the AMD uses a faster internal clock so its speed reads lower... but if you were to measure the processes per some standard unit of time such as seconds for the AMD and its intel equivelant the speeds would be much closer.... so it's probably just that the mac processors have a faster internal clock

and also, the speed that it reads isn't the only contributor to how well it performs...

but I will say that macs do tend to be more stable than pcs... for the simple reason that you aren't constantly swapping the parts and stuff
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: