Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Have you texture a 3D object?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:18 pm   Post subject: Have you texture a 3D object?

It's mostly a 2D thing but related with 3D, so I'm crossposting this to both sections. I'm a mod, go cry about it.

The LowPoly Cooperative is a group of artists that use their free time to produce low-poly models for games and release them under the CreativeCommons license for anyone to use.

They've got a fair few modellers helping out, but getting more texture artists would definitely speed up the process. I'd help out, myself, but my texture painting skills aren't up to the level of the main texture artist and I'd rather not... (for lack of a better word) contaminate their work.

So. You any good with Photoshop? Are you interested in the making of games? Wanna reserve yourself a big shiny spot in the hearts of indie game developers all over the internet? Contribute! Or at least, see if contributing would be possible, or enjoyable (I found it to be rather fun, and I'm no artist).
Currently, they're trying to finish the Gilman Project (a pack with urban models) and while they'll appreciate helping out with any of the projects, finishing this one would be very beneficial. You'll see plenty of talk about it on the blog I linked to, but see also: Gilman Street Project forum.

Experience isn't a must (hell, you aren't getting paid), and you're likely to learn from anything you work on, so if you're interested in creating textures or something you've got nothing to lose.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice..

ive done some texturing..

mine isn't that good. but ill look into it Surprised

thanks mazer
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: