Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is it so?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Justin_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:30 pm   Post subject: Is it so?

Flash 8 .swf's cannot be played in linux's mozilla firefox? I'd just like a confirmation on that if anyone knows so I can stop trying to find something to get it working.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
r.3volved

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Post a link to the flash page and I'll check it out

I haven't had any problems running flash at all with any of my browsers, but maybe it's and update you haven't yet installed
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:20 am   Post subject: Re: Is it so?

Justin_ wrote:
Flash 8 .swf's cannot be played in linux's mozilla firefox? I'd just like a confirmation on that if anyone knows so I can stop trying to find something to get it working.

That's right. They (Adobe, or maybe Macromedia too, before) were taking a long time to make the Linux flash plugin. Then they decided to skip 8 and go ahead with 9, since that's where the Windows/OSX versions were at. Now we're still waiting for a plugin and I hear that Flash 10 is on the way.

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/

Just some things to keep in mind:
Flash games aren't that great.
Flash interfaces are the spawn of satan.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: