Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 new guy
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Max Prime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:49 am   Post subject: new guy

I'm new to digital art and decided to make myself a site for use as an online portfolio, I designed the site and all the graphics myself

I'd appreciate any helpful tips/suggestions/comments thanks! (yes, I'm plugging my site but I would really apreaciate any help etc..)

http://www.vancitystudios.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the site looks good bro, but i was thinking.You should add more color to the web site because it looks very bland.But everything else is cool, i love the animation on the banner man looks nice.Just add some nice color to the site and it will be pimpin
md

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I find the banner image to be really annoying actually. It takes your attention away from the rest of hte site where you want people to be looking.

Many things I find wrong here... frames are bad. Especially since you almost certainly do not need them. The border around the header is ugly. Mirroring the header as your footer is also ugly; and the recomended width/browser thing is just wrong. You should create your website such that it can be viewed in any browser and so that it scales with the browser's width.

And color! Your page is almost black and white! Color is a very good thing to use, not nessessarily a lot of different colors; but one or two primary colors and a few supporting colors makes a huge difference.

Also... make sure your pages are valid using the validator at http://validator.w3.org

That's my opinion at least...
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The buttons under your header banner have text that is hard to read, and the repetitive use of the surrounding lighter gray looks bad. Try to find some way to blend these into a single cohesive "nav bar."

As Cornflake noted, going all grayscale is less than appealing. However, it can make a good base. If you have something you wish to draw attention to, then having that in color on a gray background can really stand out and "pop."
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: