Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Setting up a public access point.
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:25 am   Post subject: Setting up a public access point.

Does anyone know how I can set up a wifi server so that everyone who wants to access the network must, for example, click "I agree"?

Preferably LAMP.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Use WEP, generate a couple of keys (as many as your router can generate).

On your website... after someone accepts (your agreement) give him one of those keys.

Change the keys every month. Smile
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Too much typing on the user's part, plus I want it to be time based - I can for example give someone a key that would last from 12:30 - 1:00. The software of generating keys isn't difficult, I just need to know how I can get people who connect to my network to be redirected to a specified php page.
r.3volved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What kind of access point are you using??
Are you looking for something like a security certificate like most colleges use for their wifi??

You can use something like ettercap and write your own filter to redirect any http access to a single page saying accept or deny unless the user has already accepted a certain certificate or cookie...in which case, the accept button would allow them use of the certificate(more secure) or cookie(not very secure) and the filter would allow any data transfer that you want to allow.

You would either need to set up an access point machine, or have a dedicated machine running on the network for this, or if you have a WRT54G you can flash it with openWRT.
md

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Similar idea as above only instead of having hte user accept something, just record their mac address when they click accept. Then any mac you haven't recorded can just have all traffic blocked except for http, which get's redirected to your page.

That also makes timing stuff pretty easy as all you need to do it write some rules for removing macs from the list.

Not exactly sure how you'd do it; but I'm fairly certain it shouldn't be too too hard.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: