Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Wanted: someone with skill. ( <= 56k, be warned)
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:21 pm   Post subject: Wanted: someone with skill. ( <= 56k, be warned)

I'm looking for someone with experience in 3D skeletal animation. Specifically, somebody with more skill than myself.

The warning: These are all gif's, up and around the 220KB region.
Running 1 (425KB)
Running 2 (424KB)
Attack 1 (254KB)
Attack 1-2 (246KB)
Attack 2 (233KB)

I won't show any of the rest. Note that the issue at hand isn't the 3D model itself. I can get into it more later on, but the main deal is that I need someone who can animate this character. There's quite a few actions that will be needed. You must bring your own weapons, I've only done this once before. Safety is not guaranteed.
<embed src="scarface.mp3">

EDIT: Use whatever tools you want, though I would prefer it can export the bone data to cal3d, or at least it can preserve the bone data when converted to a format that can use a cal3d exporter.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

was this done in blender....if so could i take a look at ".blend" files ...
....hmm interesting dont have much experiance in skeletal animation but im willing to learn im good with normal ie... camera movement etc...
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Knock yourself out. I built the armature mostly from this guide. As for the camera, it doesn't really serve any purpose here. Once I have the animations ready, the bones and their animations are the only things being exported from Blender. I'll most likely be switching from Cal3D to OGRE and it's own builtin skeletal animation, it may have more exporters available.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

those better be the models for EM2 pilots, or you're banned Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually, I've been considering rebanning myself again, but alas, this is indeed the template for the pilot characters of my second Evasive Maneuvers game.

Furthermore, It has come to my attention that I didn't actually link the blend file in the last post. Here.

Ahem.
GIVE ME ANIMATORS OR GIVE ME DEATH!
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont fancy animation that much using armatures....but... i will be willing to help along with texturing, basic building, designing, uv mapping etc. Razz x
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Wanted: someone with skill. ( <= 56k, be warned)

Mazer wrote:
...Note that the issue at hand isn't the 3D model itself. I can get into it more later on, but the main deal is that I need someone who can animate this character. There's quite a few actions that will be needed. You must bring your own weapons, I've only done this once before. Safety is not guaranteed...

Note also that you needn't bring any weapons, everything from that sentence on was a joke. But really, I just want someone to animate.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: