Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A challenge
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Izzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:44 pm   Post subject: A challenge

Heya,
First of all heya, haven't been on the forums in awhile although I was never on for long. I was hoping people could post some challenges, game wise. I've done the Rpg, the pong, the tetris, asteroids etc. I need to find another project, A game! Not a huge game, such as an rpg where development can continue forever, I was hoping someone could post some ideas on a smaller but enjoyable game. Such as a little tank game where people can connect through a network and battle it out. (That's just an example). I was hoping you could post an idea then maybe elaborate on some ideas and key features that maybe included! Thanks Alot...

- Izzy

*Note* I'm not asking for people to post code of previous games, just ideas Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do you know that game where each player has some tanks scaterred around the field and they input angle and velocity of projectile and try to hit other tanks?

I love that game Very Happy

Anyway, I think this game would be great to program because it will become playable after relativly little work and a LOT of things can be adding. Different types of missiles, warheads, shields, etc.

You'd need to be able to create functions from input and graphically plot them, and ofcourse collision detection.

Just an idea.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Izzy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Beautiful, I remember back like 8 years ago I had a similar game, you were monkeys standing on buildings! The point was to input, angle, velocity etc. and hit the other monkey with a banana. It was great. Laughing Thanks for the idea!

Quote:
You'd need to be able to create functions from input and graphically plot them, and ofcourse collision detection.

No problem Smile

- Izzy
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

great!

Maybe we could use that game to host a turnament?

We'll see how it will turn out. Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: