Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Gr 11 Final Prject: Gravity Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:14 pm   Post subject: Gr 11 Final Prject: Gravity Game

I call this game Forces at the moment... but i'm not too sure i like it.
I made this for my summative project, and i must say i'm very happy about it.
It's completly procedure-based, i haven't learned anyhting about classes ect.
A computer with a 1 Gig processor is reccomended at the moment, though i will be adding preformance setting when i'm done.... Yeah, so it's not entirely finished, but i do believe the game is playable... people in my class do play it for the entire period.
Readme in the zip file, but quick rundown:
Kill the enemies with the sparkles you make by holding down the left mouse button. Right-Click to repel, Middle-Click to attract sparkles. The faster the sparkles, the more damage they do. You have 4 special "powers", press spacebar to use them, and B to switch.
Enjoy Very Happy

Edit:
Features list:
Bit-Blit fading effect, 2.5D star backround, scrolling world, cool particle physics, Coulombs Law charge equation for repulsion and attraction, and it's really pretty to boot Razz

EDIT: This is now posted in the [FP] section: Edited
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=12468
sorry about the wrong link :S

Edit:The game now also has its own wiki page
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
upthescale

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

your first post, and an excellent one...mad props to u man mad [props....u think u can [pm me the source? i wudn't mind learning from u ahaha
Darkmantis

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

omg that game is insane, how long did it take you to make?
TheOneTrueGod

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sick game man, probably XBox 360 quality Very Happy . I'd be very interested to know how you did this. When its finished being marked, can you post the source code?

This game should be an example to others: You don't need external graphics for the game to look good, so stop b******g for em.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Absolutely amazing. I wish I had some sort of artisic ability so I could understand how to do something like that - well I can understand how, but to come up with that on your own? Incredible.

Very well done.

+ 50 Bits
upthescale

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wow man u shud be proud of ur self, noone has ased a negative comment yet, and usually OneTrueGod, Cervantes, Tony and even Jamonathin do, but they just try to help...uer game is a killer
tupac

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW! thats amazing! the graphics are very good, the gameplay is addictive, and its totaly new! thats just awsome! MADD PROPS!

keep up the exellent work!
NikG

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've already given you your props... on the FP page.
Why do you have this posted twice?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

upthescale wrote:
wow man u shud be proud of ur self, noone has ased a negative comment yet, and usually OneTrueGod, Cervantes, Tony and even Jamonathin do, but they just try to help...uer game is a killer

Dont' get me wrong, there's always room for improvement, but seeing the skill he has put into this game - i think he'll know what to do next (i.e. loop the game, top10 high scores, etc.)
upthescale

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

TheOneTrueGod wrote:
Sick game man, probably XBox 360 quality Very Happy . I'd be very interested to know how you did this. When its finished being marked, can you post the source code?

This game should be an example to others: You don't need external graphics for the game to look good, so stop b******g for em.

i thot b*****g was begging, but then u wud right it with out the *....so wut werd isit? lol
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:49 pm   Post subject: Yeah, new to forums...

NikG wrote:
I've already given you your props... on the FP page.
Why do you have this posted twice?

Sorry, as you can see i'm new to these forums, and i posted it here first, before i saw the FP page... sorry.

But yeah, i AM improving it, and yeah, i've fixed the cheapness of the 4th power... and i've already added a bunch of new stuff (walls, for example) i'll be posting it on tuesday, most likely, because i have a field trip to go to. Very Happy

EDIT: Okay, yeah, i'm a total nerd... i stayed up, even though i have to wake up at 6:00 monday morning, and i finished adding some features, which I uploaded to the FP section: http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=12468
I love feedback! i've already implimented most of the stuff suggested!
Hack.saw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This game sounds awsome and i would love to try it but i keep getting the message:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Has it been removed,anyone else have another way to get to it?
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hack.saw wrote:
This game sounds awsome and i would love to try it but i keep getting the message:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Has it been removed,anyone else have another way to get to it?

I just tried clicking the link... and it appears to work. Maybe the site was down for a bit?
Hack.saw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there we go got it to work. Awsome game! (figured out it was the school server not understanding the site ur games on cause i can still get on perfectly at home(sucks cause i wanted to show the kids in my class Very Happy )

+12 bits (all i can really give away Very Happy )
Windsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:47 pm   Post subject: Updated! Handed in!

Yeah, it's done. and i mean done. I've handed it in and everything. Check it out Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: