Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP]Turing Movie Player
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Rate My Program
(No ending time set)
Amazing
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Good
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Average
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Need Improvment
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Horrible
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

DIIST

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:57 am   Post subject: [FP]Turing Movie Player

Well this is the movie player program i made. So many versions but finally one that works!Cool The movie is in the file.The movie clip if from Esacflowne the Movie. Dont try renaming it or changing the extension, just click the PLAY.exe file and it will run. The movie player has an apple skin I applied, and you can play and pause by pressing space! It only plays my format though Laughing . Try it, and tell me what you guys think!

It might Lag at the beging! Wink

TMPLAYER-PRO.zip
 Description:
TM-Player

Download
 Filename:  TMPLAYER-PRO.zip
 Filesize:  905.76 KB
 Downloaded:  1032 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Naveg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty cool, though it would be nice if you could find a way to play any movie specified by the user.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very nice Smile. It seems to play fairly smoothly and the quality is not bad. The next step will be to add sound functionality, and possibly an encoder which changes other movies into your format.

I'm very interested in your movie format, it seems to work well. I'm thinking you converted a currently existing movie format (like mpeg4?) to Turing. If you did anything like that, it's a pretty impressive accomplishment.
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Very nice Smile. It seems to play fairly smoothly and the quality is not bad.

Wow! It lags like mad on my school computers! Laughing Thanks though! My older versions and formats took like 10 minutes of load to play a 20 second clip in Black and White, plus took up about 5mb.

[Gandalf] wrote:
I'm thinking you converted a currently existing movie format (like mpeg4?) to Turing.

Well technically it was another program that converted the frames of the MPEG or AVI movie to images, in this case the movie was OGM though. My encoder program combined together the images into a movie that my personal movie player program could play. I'm sure you've heard of FF-DSHOW and its GRAB capabilities.
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here its another movie clip to test on my player! Just replace the movie.dat file in my folder with the on i provided here:

movie.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  movie.zip
 Filesize:  276.51 KB
 Downloaded:  464 Time(s)

blaster009

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can't run it. Turing isn't installed into C:\Program Files on my computer. Thus, when I try to run it, it can't find any of the required files. Suggestion: Instead of using a hardcoded pathname, why not make use of Dir.Current and allow the user to move the folder containing your program any where they want it? Razz
Shyfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

dude that is *%^$&*@ amazing you have to release the source for that when it is complete
DIIST

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

blaster009 wrote:
I can't run it. Turing isn't installed into C:\Program Files on my computer. Thus, when I try to run it, it can't find any of the required files. Suggestion: Instead of using a hardcoded pathname, why not make use of Dir.Current and allow the user to move the folder containing your program any where they want it? Razz

Embarassed Forgot to look past it! Good Eye! I'll make sure to fix it!!! Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mr. T

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:58 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a while...
but I get an error when I try to run this program.
DIIST

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Let me check on that, i been working whith something that actually reads avi file directly so i kinda forgot about my old version of the movie player. I'll post the new version once i'm done. The new one allows you to write to avi files, and play audio(still need a lot of fixing).
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So basically you broke the movie down into frames and reanimated it ? Looks good though still and will be really nice when/if youcan sync it up with some sound.. Good job.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't believe that's what he did. I think he actually reads in some video format directly into Turing and draws the pixels based on that, not sure though. This is actually one of the more interesting things I've seen relating to unknown file types being loaded into Turing. Once again, good job thuvs.
DIIST

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Reading actual movie files is not really that hard if you know how the riff structure works. You can even do stuff like strip audio or remove parts of the movie without decoding every single frame. I am actually working on reading and writing avi files. It just a bit harder than actually reading and writing bitmaps.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2005/2006 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: