Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request a Tutorial
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jin wrote:
Hi can i get a tutorial on keyboard and mouse action listeners.

thnx

Learn about three things, and you won't need a tutorial on this subject. Smile

• Interfaces
  • Anonymous Inner Classes
  • How to use the API refs at java.sun.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i just read wat u wrote about interfaces and dont see a connection yet. i am making a simple maze game and just need to know how to translate the arrow keys to the movements in the game. If there is a simpler way plz lemme kno. i will still continue to look at the other two things u mentioned previously.
wtd

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Java has anonymous inner classes (among other reasons) because it lacks a way to anonymously defines first class chunks of executable code any other way.

Anonymous inner classes are just subclasses of Object that implement an interface. By defining an anonymous inner class that implements an ActionListener interface, we can essentially provide a callback function, to be called when a given "action" occurs.
gsquare567

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a tutorial with an introduction to JFrame graphics/ making a game. thanx a lot
Aziz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's a different one . . . a tutorial on making javadocs of your programs, and its uses.
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:16 am   Post subject: RE:Request a Tutorial

okay i know this isn't java specific but its the language that i'm working with right now so maybe a tutorial on recursion, graphs and trees b/c my comp sci teacher has not covered it. as well a tutorial that goes more indepth with swing. creating scrollers, textfields. Jlabels, Jframes, buttons, the works. but esspecially one for the top one would be very helpful.
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:33 am   Post subject: RE:Request a Tutorial

oh and also a tut on threads plz
HellblazerX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Request a Tutorial

JMG @ Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:16 am wrote:
as well a tutorial that goes more indepth with swing. creating scrollers, textfields. Jlabels, Jframes, buttons, the works. but esspecially one for the top one would be very helpful.

Check out this site:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ui/features/components.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
kevin Noronha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Request a Tutorial

someone plz put a tutorial on java sets
syntax_error

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Request a Tutorial

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/collections/interfaces/set.html

JFGI
Reality Check

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Request a Tutorial

Is there a good tutorial on recursion I can use?
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Request a Tutorial

Recursion is so devastatingly simple if you know how to write and call methods that I am reasonably certain no tutorial is required beyond what has been provided. Smile
Reality Check

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Request a Tutorial

Fair enough I guess. I just looked at your recursion example and usage in your intro to Java and its understandable. I get the basis of recursion and all but if possible could more applications be suggested? Maybe an example program or two where recursion is used in a more complicated matter? But other than that thanks wtd I get the basic idea.
blackhawk_prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:13 am   Post subject: RE:Request a Tutorial

Could someone post a good dynamic programing tutorial plz.
Unforgiven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:41 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Request a Tutorial

blackhawk_prince @ Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:13 am wrote:
Could someone post a good dynamic programing tutorial plz.

I'm not sure if I still have it, but I'll check and see if I still have my notes and example code from a class I had a semester or two ago on it. I kind of doubt it, to be honest, but I'll dig around a bit.

About recursion - the example they used in my classes a lot was that of a function that generated the Fibonacci sequence. In actual use, cases where it wasn't obvious that we were doing it just for the sake of doing recursion, the only place I ever remember doing recursive code is when dealing with trees, so if you're familiar with them and want to do more "real" examples, that'd be a good place to start.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: