Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Basic C++ Intro
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
KeNNy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:31 pm   Post subject: Basic C++ Intro

Basically saying the same thing i said in the VB forum. Confused
I was hoping one of you experienced C++ programmers could make a basic tutorial for it. Does C++ have a program that you write the code it? Like turing has winoot. Thanx in advance, your support is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you're referring to a compiler Confused Since you can write C++ code in a notepad for all I care.

You can search the web for some free compilers, they are out there (I mean like legaly free Wink ). There's also visual C++ that you can buy or Visual Studio (which also includes VB)

Oh... and since you posted in both VB or C++... my piece of advice... pick just one and learn programming 1 language at a time.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
zodiac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hi KeNNy,
If you are interested in C/C++ programming then you are in luck because there are many free program compilers out there. One of my favourits is Bloodshed, which is similar to VC++, you can find it at www.bloodshed.net. There is also Djgpp which apparently Quake 1 was made on, I wouldn't recommend this one since its a bit difficult to use. Borland also has a free compiler but it doesn't include a GUI, so you have to type all your code in notepad and then compile them in DOS.

Hope this helps,

zodiac
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey zodiac,

thx for the link Very Happy personally I have Visual C++, but if you're just starting with C++, this resource has lots of free compilers available.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
nate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:28 pm   Post subject: help

WHeN EVER I PUT IN THE HELLO wORLD CODE IN C++ and i go to run, it doesn't show me what i did a screen pops up, i know that, but i can't see it. Its only their for a second. Is that sapposed 2 happen?

-Nate
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my guess is that its compiler's fault. VC++ compiles it so that it has "program has ended, press any key to terminate"

if you're using a different compiler that doesnt put that in, the program will finish and close itself.
yuethomas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's because that the DOS prompt window closes itself after the program is terminated. You could add these lines to the end of your program:

code:
cout << "Press enter to exit";
cin.ignore(1,'\n');
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: