Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 view a sample game
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:37 pm   Post subject: view a sample game

i dunno if i should put this topic here or in the other c++ forum, but could someone post an exe file of a good game they made in c++, i just want to see how far c++ can go in making a good game, thx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

take a look at most of the games on the market today
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, so they use some c++ to make them? i never knew that...ye...dats cool
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well let's think about it a lil bit...
the games that are made in a market are made by big companies that have very experienced c++ programmers,3d designers,sound creators,physics simulators,story writer,etc... and they usually start off a project having thousands of dollars for their budget... so dont expect to be able to write some kick ass game like those nice market games alone in a short time...
but that doesn't mean u cant create nice games... you can make nice 3d and 2d games with good speed(unlike turing =/)...
read this article:
http://gamedev.net/reference/start_here/#5

and after that you can start here :
http://gamedev.net/reference/start_here/
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Unless you're the compsci.ca dTeam, in which case, hell yeah we're gonna write a commercal quality game over the summer on absolutely no budget.

Also, games are programming with a lot of assembly for subroutines and stuff. After all, the contest seems to be who can get the best looking graphics running the smoothest on the most computers. Storyline's a thing of the past Razz
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

unless you people wanna make yourselfs useful by donating some money to us(instead of spamming) ... yeah right!!!like that's gonna happend Laughing Laughing
JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but Story gives a game its substance, its character... without the storyline, it'll just be a random shoot-em-up/strategy/whatevergame...
krishon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm..interesting..thx Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: