Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Custom Fonts?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:42 pm   Post subject: Custom Fonts?

How do you download a custom font on to a computer so that the web site that the user is viewing is displayed right.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you use sIFR
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks cool, to much for me for a school project, but i will look in to it for my personal use.

Thank you.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Beyond that, I think that all you can do is use images for the text. You should keep it to a minimum though, because keep in mind that users can't use find or copy/paste on images (to copy/paste text that is)
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm pretty sure that you could copy sIFR's text, though you can't search for it on the page.

Though the system gracefully degrades, and if there's no flash support, it will display the text in an alternate font. So search engines will pick up on it.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Gyonka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Custom Fonts?

you could try @font-face, where in your css you will use a path to show where your font files are, assuming you downloaded a web font.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Custom Fonts?

Take a look at:
http://www.google.com/webfonts

Its easy to use and all the fonts that are available are open source, so no licensing issues.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: