Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PHP in HTML...
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
upthescale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:58 pm   Post subject: PHP in HTML...

when i try to add php into my html kit, and i run the code, the output is blank, and im even copying a code frum the internet, how do i add php in html?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You need a web server with PHP installed to run PHP scripts. The PHP interpreter interprets the *.php files, returning the result to the web server. The server then outputs this result to your browser. HTML-Kit only edits HTML files, which are not interpreterable by your browser, so you don't see any output. The only think you will see if you do not have PHP installed and set up properly is your HTML and the raw PHP.
upthescale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do i install php or java so my computer?
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The following site contains a package which will install PHP, MySQL, Apache, and others. It's more than you need, but it's the easiest way to get PHP and Apache set up. Please note that many people feel this method of installing Apache is not secure (not like running it on Windows helps anyways), so I would just use this for learning.

The site is here.

Java... well your computer most likely already has it installed. I'm guessing you want to start creating Java Server Pages? Somebody else will have to help you with that one.
upthescale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok thanks, now where do igo to instal it in that site?
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You must download this.
upthescale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

didn't werk yo
rdrake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, download this, read this, and look around here for tutorials.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this should have been posted in php help
upthescale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have text pad, how can i run the program to see th output?
rdrake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You must place the *.php files inside your "htdocs" folder which XAMPP created. I'm not sure exactly where it is, probably c:\XAMPP\htdocs. Once you've edited and saved your files with Text Pad, open up your browser and point it to http://localhost/path/to/your/file.php. You should see the output.
upthescale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cartoon_shark wrote:
You must place the *.php files inside your "htdocs" folder which XAMPP created. I'm not sure exactly where it is, probably c:\XAMPP\htdocs. Once you've edited and saved your files with Text Pad, open up your browser and point it to http://localhost/path/to/your/file.php. You should see the output.

weut do u meen in thaty link "path to your file?"
rdrake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

upthescale wrote:
weut do u meen in thaty link "path to your file?"
Here's what I mean...

Let's say you have a folder named "mydevfiles" and a php file called "testing.php", your link would be http://localhost/mydevfiles/testing.php You must point your browser to the location where the file is. Of course, index.php will always be the default, if you want to put index.php inside the root folder and go to http://localhost/.
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: