Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Editing/Compiling Programs on Windows
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Geminias

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont have anything against anyone. by that i mean if wtd needed my help i wouldn't hesitate to offer it to him. and in the future i would never hold this argument over him. that is what i mean by i have nothing against anyone.

on the other side, i have had plenty of experiences and never have i held a grudge. people have disappointed me before, yes... but people are people and i happen to understand why people do as they do. you could mass murder my whole family or destroy my two thousand dollar computer, i wouldn't hold it against you.

jesus christ, i believe, had this same message, even though i don't think he was the son of god, he sure was a fine addition to humanity.

if anyone else has some inferences about me they'd like to share i'd suggest that they don't know what they are talking about and perhaps maybe they could keep it to themselves.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Naveg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You seriously need to learn when its time to give something up. This is a completely useless argument and you are getting no where. It's enough already.

If you want to post in this thread, it better be related to Compiling C/C++ with MinGW, or we don't want to hear it.
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gandalf Wrote:

code:

Alright, now is the part that you need to pay attention to. To use the compiler through command prompt, you will need to edit the Windows PATH environmental variable. If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP then you have to:
1. Right click on My Computer from the desktop.
2. Select properties.
3. Go to advanced.
4. Click environmental variables.
5. Under system variables select Path
6. Click edit.
7. Add ; and then where you installed MinGW to. If it was C:/Program Files/MinGW then you would add ;C/Program Files/MinGW/bin to the end of what is already there, do not overwrite what is already there!

Well Gandalf, how does one set this up with Windows 98?
Justin_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If he knew he would have said so. But try googling "changing PATH in win98" or "editing environment variables in win98"
md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

TokenHerbz wrote:
Gandalf Wrote:

code:

Alright, now is the part that you need to pay attention to. To use the compiler through command prompt, you will need to edit the Windows PATH environmental variable. If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP then you have to:
1. Right click on My Computer from the desktop.
2. Select properties.
3. Go to advanced.
4. Click environmental variables.
5. Under system variables select Path
6. Click edit.
7. Add ; and then where you installed MinGW to. If it was C:/Program Files/MinGW then you would add ;C/Program Files/MinGW/bin to the end of what is already there, do not overwrite what is already there!

Well Gandalf, how does one set this up with Windows 98?

Umm... upgrade to 2000 at least. Windows 98 is rather old and unsupported now...
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i cannot upgrade, i must work with this, is it possible?
md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

IIRC windows 98 still parses the autoexec.bat file; perhaps specifying your path in it might help
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I tried to walk him through that. Apparently he isn't capable of modifying autoexec.bat.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Install linux.
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um, i dont want to use linux, and my autobat file dosn't open up, and when i di open up, its a bunch of giberish, any other ideas?
Onega

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

IMO, Code::Blocks is better than textpad and crimson editor.
It is an open source free IDE available at [url]www.codeblocks.org/ [/url]
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the information (hadn't heard of it before), but the main purpose of the post was editors and setting up MinGW. I probably should have completely left out DevC++ to avoid all that confusion/misunderstanding.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Editing/Compiling Programs on Windows

Help! What does "g++: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory" mean?
haskell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Editing/Compiling Programs on Windows

@ spearmonkey: Usually means you don't have the gcc-core package.

Dev-C++ is not a good choice. I'd elaborate, but its a waste of energy.

Relo[http://www.fifsoft.com/relo/] is decent of C++ development.

Emacs with cc-mode[http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/] is also a great choice.

I also recommend OpenWatcom[http://www.openwatcom.org/index.php/Main_Page] for Windows users. It supplies executables to emulate Microsoft C++ Compilers, plus it is open source.
blood8815

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Editing/Compiling Programs on Windows

im having trouble getting the source file, I have MinGW and Crimson Editor

BTW, im new
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 6  [ 83 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: