Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My first java program...
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:31 pm   Post subject: My first java program...

Tonight, I suddenly got this wild idea I wanted to learn JAVA, so I dug out my dad's old text, heres my first JAVA program... I know its lame... and I made 27 mistakes on my first try, I think thats a record. But Im learning JAVA yay! Very Happy

The Extension 'class' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
xtreemboarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol... post the .java file not the .class... leet programmer my left nut Laughing
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Errr... "Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:31 am"... Yeah...

And if I'm not mistaken, you can easily just execute the Java bytecode.
md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

xtreemboarder wrote:
lol... post the .java file not the .class... leet programmer my left nut Laughing

Notice that he has 1900+ posts compared to your 9? And that he said he was just learning java? Need I also point out your thread about getting a program to "write the code for you"? Think before you speak, or don't and look like an ass... your choice.
Stork

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

By the way Cornflake you shouldn't compare Strings with the equals operator Razz
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's in c++.. it works fine.. also, the new java 1.50 allows that comparision if im not mistaken
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Stork wrote:
By the way Cornflake you shouldn't compare Strings with the equals operator Razz

Should I also point out that Cornflake posted this 3 months ago.
Stork

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Andy wrote:
that's in c++.. it works fine.. also, the new java 1.50 allows that comparision if im not mistaken

Whoops. I presumed it was in java since this is the java forum. Sorry. But I don't think 1.5.0 allows that comparisons.. maybe I'm mistaken.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why would it matter that this is the Java forum? That's his 'signature', it shows up at the bottom of all his posts, no matter the forum.

Also, you are mistaken. Out of doubt myself, I checked, and you can use the equals operator on Strings now.
md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*sigh* since syntax highlighting is working again maybe I'll change it back... though it seems it isn't helping to get people to think. IT'S A 3 MONTH OLD POST YOU TWIT!

end of line.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. when i told my compsci prof, he didnt even believe me.. oh wells
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All versions of Java will let you write:

code:
"hello" == "hello"

However, they are doing a referential comparison of the two String objects, which anyone with even a mediocre understanding of Java should immediately understand.
Stork

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's what I thought. String.equals(String) compares char-by-char, iirc.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

? we just told you you were wrong..
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: