Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 No WiFi for Lakehead
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
md

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1of42 wrote:
Cornflake, you seriously had to have noticed the sarcasm in codemage's post. If not...

Now yes; after > 24 hours awake... not really Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have decided to try and start a campain for wifi at lakehead. I am a director on the BoD of LUSU (lakehead studen union) and have some infucle there althougth we have no power over the uni admin. Our orgnail idea was to put the wifi in LUSU owned space. But the problem with that is most of the space we have we rent from the uni and this could cause problems for us leace wise.

At the next meeting i am planing on puting serveral motions forword in an effort to at least show that LUSU cares and whonts wifi. I am looking for any sugestions form any one on how to over come this probem with the admistartion and bring wifi to lakehead.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea make it simple. If they want to ban wifi they should:

1] Ban cell phones

2] Ensure all wiring (of all kinds) are sheathed.

3] Increase the scholarship money by 200%
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

get students interested in wifi to write letters and address them to Fred Gilbert.

heh, it seems the real reason behind the ban of wifi is Nintendo DS!

TFA wrote:

Wi-Fi issues an electromagnetic wave that is usually less powerful than cellphones and the transmitter in the device is not, as a rule, up against the ear. Still, as Gilbert points out, students and others using Wi-Fi hotspots for their laptops or Nintendos tend to congregate in those areas where the uplink transmitter is at its most powerful in order to get the best reception.

So there you have it!
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

too bad teh DS doesn't use wifi. Its great ot see that he knows oh so much about what he's talking about...
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My recommendation: convince as many people as you can to wear tinfoil hats on campus. Surely that'll protect you from wifi. Or boost your signal strength, whatever.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Faraday's Cages for all! Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
too bad teh DS doesn't use wifi. Its great ot see that he knows oh so much about what he's talking about...

Aucatly it dose, it just uses a comtmized protiacal. You can aucatly hack some of the old DSs using the right kind of wifi card and some cracking tools.

Also if my DS dose not use wifi how did i play mario kart online with my wifi router?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Aucatly it dose, it just uses a comtmized protiacal. You can aucatly hack some of the old DSs using the right kind of wifi card and some cracking tools.

Also if my DS dose not use wifi how did i play mario kart online with my wifi router?

Ok... I might be wrong... last I payed any attention to it though they didn't though (IIRC; it's been a long time since I thought about it).
codemage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This is almost necro, but it looks like the entire metropolitan Toronto area will soon be suffering from wifi radiation poisoning, if Ontario Hydro gets its way.

(I hate these long links... have to edit the tags.)

Story from Globe & mail
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I saw somthing about that on CTV news and when they side the words "...could have health effects...." a pic of lakehead came up. I was laugthing so hard........
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: