Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Wiki Permission Chages
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 pm   Post subject: Wiki Permission Chages

I have made some chages to the compsci.ca wiki where by only loged in wiki users can edit pages. Any one can still regester an acount on the wiki but we no longer alow anonymous edits due to the abuse from bots and some peoleops.

You can see the permissions chart at: http://www.compsci.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Permissions
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Crying or Very sad The wiki is broken...
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Becuse i was making thos chages, lol.

Also you can now see when peoleop are on the wiki in the who is online thing and you should be able to use your compsci.ca forum acounts to login to the wiki.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It still shows those errors on that page, I'll try refreshing my cache.

Also, I can't log in! For Gandalf it says "The password you entered is incorrect (or missing). Please try again." and for my forums [Gandalf] it says, "You have not specified a valid user name."
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I blive that is b/c your user name is not a vaild wiki user name....
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But then why doesn't Gandalf work, when it did before? Did you delete old accounts and switch it over to the forums accounts? If so, what do I do about it?
Must... go to... wiki...
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
But then why doesn't Gandalf work, when it did before? Did you delete old accounts and switch it over to the forums accounts? If so, what do I do about it?
Must... go to... wiki...

No i did not chage the old acounts at all. This is most odd. If you could contact me on msn or irc we could try to figgure it out.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

depending on how wiki was modded, it is probably looking at forum's database for accounts, not both places..

and fair enough, as we don't really want dublicate account entries.

what we could do, is overwrite your user name to a wiki-legal one
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
depending on how wiki was modded, it is probably looking at forum's database for accounts, not both places..

Nope it looks at both.

Tony wrote:

what we could do, is overwrite your user name to a wiki-legal one

Trying to, deleted his old acount on the wiki and working on ways to make one that will work.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, um can't even remove the wiki user check for your name (since of the wiki coding [[]] XD).

So, does the loging in using phpBB still create a wiki account? (is that how you wanted it?) or are you still changing it to make it only use the phpBB one, I think the latter one would be better, iunno- I just think.
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: