Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request a Tutorial
Index -> General Programming
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:13 pm   Post subject: Request a Tutorial

Is there any topic in programming (that isn't covered by the other forums here) you've wanted to learn more about?

Here's the place to name your desires. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I'll try to think of something... But, are you going to make a new forum, something like "General Programming Tutorials"? Or are you just going to post them in this forum?

How about what Object Orientation is all about?
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Well, I'll try to think of something... But, are you going to make a new forum, something like "General Programming Tutorials"? Or are you just going to post them in this forum?

How about what Object Orientation is all about?

I'd just post them here.

Asfor your request... that's a big topic, but I'll see what I can do. Smile
McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Great job all around wtd. It struck me as I was going through your OOP introduction that it might be useful to create a glossary of programming terms to help some people follow your tutorials. Might be good to have it sticky so it doesn't get lost.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A glossary of all terms, eh? I think I'll leave that one to Wikipedia. Smile
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You've mentioned on several occaisions that command-line programming has many advantages to IDE-styled. Seeing as there are a number of people around here who've had their interests peaked by Ruby, and seeing as though Ruby can very well be used in a command-line environment, I would like to request a tutorial on just what command-line programming entails. Understand that I come from a Turing-IDE (with a sprinkling of Java) background, and don't even know what it is that IDE does wrong as compared to command-line.
So, perhaps something that introduces the mores and culture surrounding command-line, and perhaps even contrasts in to the apparent (but still mysterious) fallacies of IDE.
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Delos wrote:
You've mentioned on several occaisions that command-line programming has many advantages to IDE-styled. Seeing as there are a number of people around here who've had their interests peaked by Ruby, and seeing as though Ruby can very well be used in a command-line environment, I would like to request a tutorial on just what command-line programming entails. Understand that I come from a Turing-IDE (with a sprinkling of Java) background, and don't even know what it is that IDE does wrong as compared to command-line.
So, perhaps something that introduces the mores and culture surrounding command-line, and perhaps even contrasts in to the apparent (but still mysterious) fallacies of IDE.

Something like this?
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

anyone here experienced with WinDbg? If so, can you please write a tutorial for it? ie expand on what the help file has to say about each command, general debugging tips and so on. thx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ugh.. looks like im alone.. well if nobody writes a tutorial for it by the end of the term, i'll write one based on all the things i learn
tupac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd actually like a section where people can put up tutrorials and stuff on programs made by Borland, such as "Borland c++" and "Delphi", and "Turbo Pascal"--ino that TP wasnt made by Borland, but its a great language, and is sorta like turing... but a lot better and neater. And Borland c++, is a little different than the MS c++, and so i thing if you want to learn Borland C++ you need to find a good tutorial for it... and so far i dont see one....

well, thats wat i'd like added to compsci...
md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tupac wrote:
I'd actually like a section where people can put up tutrorials and stuff on programs made by Borland, such as "Borland c++" and "Delphi", and "Turbo Pascal"--ino that TP wasnt made by Borland, but its a great language, and is sorta like turing... but a lot better and neater. And Borland c++, is a little different than the MS c++, and so i thing if you want to learn Borland C++ you need to find a good tutorial for it... and so far i dont see one....

well, thats wat i'd like added to compsci...

Turbo pascal is just a poor implementation of pascal; borland C++ is just C++ with non-standard extensions; and delphi is just a category all of it's own in terms of taking a language and turning it into something completely different. And all are for the most part no longer used anywhere.

I think if people are using borland C++ then should be posting in teh C/C++ forums; and we can help them overcome any issue the borland compiler might have. As for TurboPascal and Delphi GP works fine.
tupac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
and delphi is just a category all of it's own in terms of taking a language and turning it into something completely different. And all are for the most part no longer used anywhere.

Delphi is actualy greatly used world wide, and has a big online community. And i think that Borland does a much better job with programming languages than MS.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

because obviously borland and VC are the only two C++ compilers avaliable
kletos

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:33 am   Post subject: Re: Request a Tutorial

hi guys.I need urgently to make this code(knapsack) work on limited items can you please help me:
for j:=1 to N do begin // j is the item number
for i:=1 to M do // i is the size of knapsack
if (i-size[j]>=0) then
if cost[i]<(cost[i-size[j]]+val[j]) then
begin
cost[i]:=cost[i-size[j]]+val[j];
best[i]:=j;
end;
end;
lufthansa747

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:51 am   Post subject: RE:Request a Tutorial

can some one make an iphone app making tutorial. that explainse how to use apples sdk and how to program in objective c
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: