Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 NetBeans 5.0 Beta
Index -> Java
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
turboliux

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i started to like Netbeans 5, the GUI editor is awesome. However, there sometimes some exceptions coming up.. well.. that why it's beta, hehe. Also, its weird that in the "Source" mode you cannot edit the code =S, maybe you know whats the problem?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that's not a bug.. any code highlighted blue.. is code maintained by netbeans... you are not supposed to be modifying that code... hence it's uneditable.
turboliux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

HENCE it su**s, no offence NetBean lovers. I would say that this doesnt give any flexibility like... let say Dreamweaver gives - you can construct design and later edit it as a code.

I guess i have to draw design in Netbeans, and then edit it in JCreator =]
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nope... u simply don't know how to use it... yet... look at Apple's Interface Builder.. You can't edit the code there either (actually it doesn't generate code.. but xml instead.. which again.. ur not supposed to edit manually).. Yet it's far far ahead in terms of functionality, flexibility, etc.. Netbeans is trying to imitate that.. but instead of xml it directly generates code. Learn to use the Tool Wink

hint: try adding event handler through the GUI. (that's the only time you'd ever need to actually edit the code)
turboliux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, i will try this feature then...
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

New Matisse Tutorial: http://www.netbeans.org/kb/50/quickstart-gui.html
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, and, RC2 has been released. Bugfixes galore, hopefully.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea most of the issues I had, have dissappeared.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's here finally!

Netbeans profiler tutorial, here
apomb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:30 pm   Post subject: Re: NetBeans 5.0 Beta

I'm having a hard time installing Netbeans in Linux. the error is : No Java Development Kit(JDK) was found on this system. but i installed it ages ago, when i was compiling at the command line. is there something else i need?
alpabarot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 am   Post subject: Re: NetBeans 5.0 Beta

Hey!!

Your Forum rocks!! Just wanted to share something with ya…
There is this amazing site that I came across where u can make money by sharing information…check it out here’s the link http://www.myndnet.com/login.jsp?referral=alpa83&channel=132

The coolest part is…every time ur information gets sold u get paid for it!!
I signed it for it.. very cool stuff… u can also mail me at barot.alpa@gmail.com

Cheers!
Alpa
DKNiGHTX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:20 pm   Post subject: RE:NetBeans 5.0 Beta

Hmmm. Won't it be interesting if I walk into next years Java class knowing everything. Interesting..... Also, this editor reminds me of VS2005, but awesome edition.

Aww crap, it has CVS support and not SVN support. Hmmmm... Maybe I will have to stick with Eclipse :\
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:01 am   Post subject: Re: RE:NetBeans 5.0 Beta

DKNiGHTX @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:20 am wrote:
Hmmm. Won't it be interesting if I walk into next years Java class knowing everything.

Impossible things are often interesting.

Don't be discouraged. Just remember that when it comes to learning, there is no end, and even if it were, that wouldn't be the point.
   Index -> Java
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: