Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Who won?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Justin_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:23 pm   Post subject: Who won?

Who are they saying won the election?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've posted it before, but...
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks like a Conservative minority so far.
Justin_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yep, conservative minority, just found out.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They haven't WON.... their leading.
Doesn't look like they'll be keeping it for long though.

Suprising turn of events though- PQ (or BQ w/e you wanna call it) got 50 seats XD Omgz! Their predictions of CON getting the votes from Quebec were off- though they did gain seats there.
md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The polls aren't closed everywhere... so you never know what will happen. Right now the liberals actually have to most elected members, but it does seem like the conservatives will have a minority government.

Let's hope they screw up huge so that a respectable party like hte NDP get's elected.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It dose not look like this goverment is going to last long if NDP + LIB > CON
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont trust either of them. They all lie.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it could be CON + NDP ^^

but ~8k vote to go....
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
It dose not look like this goverment is going to last long if NDP + LIB > CON

CON + BQ || CON + NDP is already > LIB + BQ || LIB + NDP
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, well CON + NDP = hell frezing over and CON + BQ = CON losing the next election. No one whonts to assiote with the block. Hey and lets not for get that on indepent guy, lol.

Any how i think martin is consdeding right now, but i still have faith that the LIB + NDP will work out.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

NDPs has been dead against the Liberals through out the campaign.. but.. who knows..

but i don't like the Liberal + NDP idea..

CON + NPD is a good combo.
md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it will be a conservative minority and they will ally with either the block and/or the NDP to some extent. It will however be a very very tenuous ballance and I highly doubt that this government will last very long. I think there will probably be another election come spring, if not earlier.

At least it's not a conservative majority so they can't totally screw everything up.
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

At the moment the seat totals are:
Conservative:125
Liberal:103
B.Q.:51
NDP:28
Other:1
with 59% of registered voters counted, so a couple seats may change but the overall situation is rather fixed.

So it looks like a Conservative minority government will have to work the other parties on an issue by issue basis. I don't think that there will be another election for another year or so, simply because other parties will be hesitant to bring about another election any time soon.

So hopefully the Conservatives can show Canadians that they aren't the devils that the Liberals have made them out to be and win a majority next time.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd like the Conservatives if...
-They'd promise to back off of the gay marriage and abortion issues and just let them stand.
-They actually cared about the environment. It's all we've got people. Money is nice, but I'd take air over cash any day. Kyoto or bust.
-Health care. Poor people get sick too, Mr. Harper.
-Religion. Maybe it's just that Bush left me with a bad impression, but I'd love some assurance that they weren't a bunch of fundamentalists. If a religious nut wants to believe the earth is 6000 years old - great, but no way in hell I want them to be running a country. Look at how well it's working out for Iran...

I really do like the idea of less government involvement and lower taxes, but we do need social programs where they count. Also, I like the idea of increased military spending. Canada's army does a lot of good in the world - and it could do a lot better. First though, we need to buy our first tank (that's no a joke, by the way - the Canadian army actually doesn't own any tanks).
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 39 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: