Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pearls Before Swine - Final Project
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Fonzie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:09 pm   Post subject: Pearls Before Swine - Final Project

alright guys, here we are, the fruits of my labour. My final project, "Pearls Before Swine". It's a fairly simple game so don't be scared away if you've never played it before.

I'm a little upset that it's not quite as impressive as my last year's final (link: http://compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=7575), but I'll chock that up to the fact that I knew turing for two years and c++ for one. Anyway, enjoy guys and feedback is always appreciated.

pearlfc.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  pearlfc.zip
 Filesize:  45.61 KB
 Downloaded:  641 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

"Pearls before Swine"? That's a fairly obscure webcomic is it not?
blaster009

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lol...Said the Hobbes avatar...
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

blaster009 wrote:
Lol...Said the Hobbes avatar...

Surely you're not suggesting Calvin and Hobbes is obscure? Razz
Justin_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey fonzie would it be possible to also see the source? It would be wonderfully educational Razz
Justin_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

took me forever to beat this game, like 15 tries. In the end I decided to copy what the computer did to beat me Razz
codemage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thomas Hobbes is pretty obscure nowdays... I don't think the same can be argued for Hobbes the tiger.

Although Bill Watterson has definitely faded into complete obscurity (and thus single-handedly ended the golden age of comics).

...but I digress...
Fonzie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well I assure you, this game has nothing to do with any webcomic. I've actually never heard of "pearls before swine" the comic. Just a coincidence.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Justin_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Fonzie I'm curious how you made a white background that is clearable, I'm new to C++ so could you show some code that allowed you to do that? I'm convinced you are working in console right?
Fonzie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just used the clear screen function. That's not in iostream though, it's one of the older libraries. Conio or maybe stdio....one of the odler ones.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It would be conio.h. There are many ways to clear the screen, but few that will work on most platforms.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

conio.h is indeed Windows specific.
Thorgram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:17 am   Post subject: Re: Pearls Before Swine - Final Project

A bit hard to beat, but a good game and challenge. How did you clear the screen after every turn? I am new to C++ and I only get the black screen where the information scrolls down.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Pearls Before Swine - Final Project

Now, to answer that, all you'd have to do is read the four posts above yours. Not only that, but you'd have avoided necro-posting in this 2+ year old topic. Please read the rules and the entire topic before posting.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: