Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial]How to use sound and music in Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you understand the MIDI format, it is possible to open it as text/binary file and edit it with Turing. Though once again, that would be editing the source file, not controlling volume real-time.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nice tutorial (white the rest of you were ranting on about compatiable files, i actually read the tutorial Laughing ). regardless, i though .wma was compatiable with turing 4.0.5
DIIST

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice Tutorial! Thought I am wondering, is it possible to seek to a specific time in the music file using Turing! Confused
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thuvs wrote:
Nice Tutorial! Thought I am wondering, is it possible to seek to a specific time in the music file using Turing! Confused

Nooope. (But that doesn't stop you from experimenting. You may find a way: you never know)
chrispminis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmmm... this Sound Forge you speak of... Sounds useful. Where might I acquire this Sound Forge? And would it cost any money? If so, how much and are there any alternatives to Sound Forge that are free to use, but perhaps less powerful, but still useful.
solblade05

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is it possible to keep the music playing for a certain part of the program, then when the user enters another part of the program i can change the music
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just use Music.Stop I think it is, and play the next file.
solblade05

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There isn't that command in turing c 4.04
oh, also can i uses processes over and over again? for the music that i need in the different parts of my program (with the fork)?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or if the files are the same format, iirc you can just play the next song over the current one without using Music.PlayFileStop().

*edit* Don't fork your music, use Music.PlayFileLoop(). If your version doesn't have Music.PlayFileStop() then just use the method I describe. Just make sure all the music is in the same music format (.mp3, .wav, whatever it is).
solblade05

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How do i do that?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, assuming you have either Music.PlayFile() or Music.PlayFileLoop(), just make sure that in the folder that you have the source code in has your music, all in the same format (with the same extention). An MP3 has a .mp3 extention, so if you want to use that then make sure all your background music is an MP3.

Then, just have something like this in your program, this being a highly simple example.
code:
Music.PlayFileLoop("BackgroundSongOne.mp3")
put "Press any key to switch songs."
Input.Pause   %In place of this you can have any condition you need
Music.PlayFileLoop("BackgroundSongTwo.mp3")
solblade05

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Music.PlayFileLoop is not in Turing 4.04
thus i cant use that Sad

is it possible that if i use Music.PlayFileStop, then use another process, and Music.PlayFile?
stinger4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in my game i want my bg music to run all the way until they die...i have many sound however so if i use Music.PlayFileStop will it only stop my bg music or even the other sounds?
siege

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can you play mp3 files? or must it be in wav or midi format?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's part of the tutorial
Hacker Dan wrote:

Note: playable file types are wav, snd, mod, and mid (mp3 too in newer turings)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 69 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: