Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Astro-Advanced,another shooting game!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Rate My Game
(No ending time set)
5-Good
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1-Bad
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

DIIST

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: Astro-Advanced,another shooting game!

One of my first games. What you do is shoot down as many astroids and enemy ships as possible and gain as many points, without losing health. A special features that i added was hyper space. The controls are:'Space'-Shoot, 'x'-reload, Number Pad Arrow Keys, with num Lock on, to move around. Try it out and tell me what you guys think!

AstroAdvanced.zip
 Description:
Might Lag

Download
 Filename:  AstroAdvanced.zip
 Filesize:  302.89 KB
 Downloaded:  255 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Saad85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's EXTREMELY well done, congrats. i don't like how it returns you to the center of the screen when you let go, but i got used to it. if i had bits, i would give them to you...

the only suggestions i have are more levels/enemies/shots
Mr. T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

I love the tumbling asteroid effect. Head Bang
DIIST

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:06 pm   Post subject: Astro-Advanced

Well the tumbling astroids was a breeze, but trying to make the ship go into hyper space was what took me most of my time. Plus trying to make the surrounding move at a faster rate when you enter hyper space. Overall it took me about 500 lines. I tried to make the enemy ships shoot and make levels, but I got new idea which i am applying for my new game. This one is like astro advanced but its like a fighter plane simulation and you are shooting down enemy ships,and planes,etc, and it a lot better graphics. Right now i am working on the map for the game so its not a plane black screen. Its also a lot faster and wont lag like astro advanced cause i found a faster way to load the pictures onto the screen.
RedRogueXIII

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tumbling asteroids where done by pic manipulation done in turing or by calling seperate pictures?
Shyfire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK that was the best game made in turing that i have played so far except
my game little dude and that zelda game that this guy made a long time ago Head Bang Claping I am not worthy I am not worthy
DIIST

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks!Praying An about the tumbling astroids, yes i used pic rotate in turing, and created all the rotated images before the start of the game. Then I just call upon the picture by saying Pic.Draw(pic(angle),bla,bla,bla) and it displayed it on the screen.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I found it odd that the counter for shots left is going up, not down. And it's too bad that I can't reload until I run out of ammo completely.

Otherwise it's well done.
thuvs wrote:
Then I just call upon the picture by saying Pic.Draw(pic(angle),bla,bla,bla) and it displayed it on the screen.

Excellent coding approach too.

Though I would like to see a game-over screen at the end and find out my score, and perhaps an option to play again. I've gotten to the first hyperspace.. I think Laughing

+Bits
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DIIST

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you Tony! I will remember next time to add a start & end screen for my game. I was thinking of adding it, but once i finished my Astro Advanced Game, i need to give my fingers a break! PS:Hyper Space can also be achevied by pressing the number pad 'up arrow key' and 'z'! It will only last as long as the bluebar at the top right hand corner of the screen!
didsbub

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice Game!!! Very fun to play
pavol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im impressed, very nice game
i dont know if its just me but i was having a hard time finding out what the controls to any game i have played on this site so far are.
again i say great job
Flikerator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It won't unzip for me :O
DIIST

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I updated the file, and made it so as you shoot, the bar decreases! Plus i converted the images form BMP to JPG so they take up less space!!!
cool dude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flikerator wrote:
It won't unzip for me :O

r u saving the file? also for some reason it didn't unzip correctly on winzip use the default windows unzip program if u have XP. anyhow great program. the only thing i can say is make it more user friendly. not only wat tony said about title screen and ending screen also instructions would be helpful in the game. the biggest suggestion is DONT disable the user from ending the program. that was annoying i had to go to windows task manager to end it!!! otherwise its awsome Smile
bored_hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

very cool
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: