Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New To Flash
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Flame][Boy]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:11 pm   Post subject: New To Flash

Hey guys im trying to make some simple animations in flash so i opened it and drew a little stick make then made a new frame and drew him in another spot etc etc i got about 10 frames and i saved it and expected it to work but it only draws the last one how do i do a simple animation. Id really apreciate it if someone could help me out Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right click -> add keyframe
before drawing each one

If only there was a way to easily tween the animation...
TheXploder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There is a way to easily tween the animation traw a stick man in frame 1 then right-click frame 10 and select insert frame, right-click and select insert tween, and right-click and select add keyframe. Now move the tweened object and you're done. You can also change the motion tween to a shape tween from properties.

P.S: I am the god of Flash Programming, and everything... so ask away.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright then. I knew about that, but that tweens the whole person, and you can't change how the person looks. What I'm trying to say is that if you want his hand to move, you have to add it to another layer and then tween that. Then you have to add 100's of layers for everything you want to move, which isn't easy. And to get it to look right you have to rotate the 'hand layer' to fit the rest of the body, and that never looks right.

I wish you could just draw 1 frame - a stick person, and then 10 frames later add the stick person, but with his hand drawn differently and tween that to show it moving slowly from one position to another. No layers involved.

If this is too confusing and I am not being clear enough I can try sending a .fla file with what I want to do...
TheXploder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah Flash isn't good with that. Anything beong stick figures is easier to frame by frame. They should do something like being able to add bones... just like 3d animation but in 2d.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yup, exactly. And exactly my problem. It's the reason I didn't get more into flash.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: