Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Matrix Pong
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Rate it ?
(Voting is closed)
Good
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Bad
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

thuvarrakan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:27 pm   Post subject: Matrix Pong

Someone Out there try my game out! An tell me what you think!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice presentation, looks very good. Gameplay - meh. First of all, no offence but the controls you picked suxed lol. Secondly, the collision is a little off when the ball hits the paddle. For example, try hittin the bottom/top of the ball with the top/bottom of your paddle. it kinda freaks out and goes out of bounds.

However the effects were very well done. get some better game ideas, look up a little more on gameplay, and i think you'll pull of another cool lookin game (hopefully more addictive Wink).

+ 25 jamonathin Bits
Jekate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That's a pretty good game! Although the controls are no the best as jamonathin said, it's still good overall.
thuvarrakan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:32 am   Post subject: Matrix Pong Controls

So what controls would be reasonable, an i was think of making it two and one player options. Or multiple balls where some balls do not change that rapidly in speed like the rest. I was also thinking since it called matrix pong you can sort of do the matrix, and hit all of them. Its sorta comming along. But i am still left in the dark when it comes to controls.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very well presented, good effects! As previously mentioned, easier controls would be good:

Player 1: w -> up s -> down
Player 2: upArrow -> up downArrow -> down

Something like that which reflects what you are doing with the 'paddle' better.

*edit* I still haven't figured out the player 1 controls...
flamemaster89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:00 pm   Post subject: off topic

Snip!
Please, talk to friends via the Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. button.
Mr. T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:23 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

flamemaster89 wrote:
Snip!
Please, talk to friends via the Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. button.

AND
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?p=96805&highlight=#96805
Two in a row. Naughty
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Seems whenever something like this happens these useless comments come out afterwards. I really hate to have to lock so recent a topic...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: