Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Making a picture move to a scroll bar
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
draddog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:56 pm   Post subject: Making a picture move to a scroll bar

i need help i have a big picture that is too big for the form and the form cant move any farther so i decided to do a scroll bar but i dont know how to make the pic move to it
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Monstrosity_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Making a picture move to a scroll bar

draddog wrote:
i need help i have a big picture that is too big for the form and the form cant move any farther so i decided to do a scroll bar but i dont know how to make the pic move to it

So you know how to use the scroll bar control, but not how to move the picture with it?

If this is the case, then you'll use the scroll bar's value as an offset when drawing the picture onto the form/picturebox. Once you know the offest and want to start drawing it, I'd suggest using the object.PaintPicture method to avoid learning and messing with the winapi. The documentation is on msdn like always. This can be a tricky method, so if your having any problems just come back.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: