Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Loading Images from a file and using in an applicatio
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Finaltank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:59 am   Post subject: Loading Images from a file and using in an applicatio

In other programs you use codes to import images
Like Turing (Yes I know lol, turing Razz)

code:

PicCopy (some paramaters, then "imagename.extension")

What would be the code in java?

I have a textbook that shows stuff in a java applet, BUT I barely know anything about java applets, I know the basics, help please?

EDIT: I was typing and the firedrill went off, so how would I get images from a file and import them into my java window?
I use jGrasp and Ready to program, so I think code can go either way. Do images only work in java applets and im doomed? Or can I load them onto the output screen?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's much harder than that... Really, I don't know, haven't worked with images yet, but you will need to know more than the basics.

If you need help, I suggest also looking at the Java Documentation on the java.sun site and looking up something with "Picture" or "Image".

*edit* firedrill, eh? We had a firedrill today too, what school do you go to?

*edit2* Images can be used on applets, but also on normal applications (ie. through a swing frame). RTP may have some way of doing images too... I wouldn't know.
Finaltank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
It's much harder than that... Really, I don't know, haven't worked with images yet, but you will need to know more than the basics.

If you need help, I suggest also looking at the Java Documentation on the java.sun site and looking up something with "Picture" or "Image".

*edit* firedrill, eh? We had a firedrill today too, what school do you go to?

*edit2* Images can be used on applets, but also on normal applications (ie. through a swing frame). RTP may have some way of doing images too... I wouldn't know.

Edit 1 = Whitby

Edit 2 = How hard is swing? Can I do system.out.println on it or not?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm... guess a lot of schools had it...

I suggest getting a fairly solid understanding of OOP and methods before going into Swing (which is a GUI framework for Java).
Finaltank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im getting closer!

JUST I DONT KNOW WHAT AN IMAGE OBSERVER IS

c.getImage (address,height,width, ImageObserver);

WTF IS AN IMAGEOBS
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: