Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Profile user information displaying help things w/ bits?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:38 pm   Post subject: Profile user information displaying help things w/ bits?

How do i make an icon?

Like the SWORD which "Gandalf" (sorry if i spelled it wrong) has.

And i was wondering the ristrictions to the pictures,

im not going to have nudity, but i was wondering if a marijuwana leaf is acceptable..

Please help me figure all this out, and what can i buy with bits? and how? pm a mod? Yeah just need help here..

Thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's in the "Profile" icon at the top of the forum. At the bottom there's an avatar upload form to fill out. The restrictions are listed there.

I'm no mod, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with a marijuana leaf. We've had worse Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't care much for what your avatar is, as long as

a) Dan doesn't find it offensive
b) It's not large enough to mess with page formating

Keep in mind that users are identified by their avatar prior to their username, so

a) don't use an avatar that will get you confused with somebody else (bouncy faeries)
b) try to keep your avatar constant
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL bouncy fairies.. good old days Laughing who started that anyhow? was it blade or was it jsbn
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Blade started it. I think JSBN used the same avatar for the whole time. Dammit, all the cool people have left!
Notoroge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Dammit, all the cool people have left!
Hey! Hey! Hey...
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tony wrote:
a) Dan doesn't find it offensive

Dan dose not but if i get complantes form other users then i may. This is a pg-13 site and i think that drug use is with in pg-13, tho user incons can also not offend poeleop. Such as puting the pot leaf on the canadian falg, that offendens peoleop.....but just a pot leaf is fine i think. But as tony was saying this is how poleop will idenify you, if you whont them to think pot when they see your posts that is up to you.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey im still here , im cool ... dont you guys remember im the sole reason that Tom West does not make turing anymre.

you should all bow to me that im am the apparent reason for hte death of turing. Mabye they will get to a better language to start with now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

woot.

Whatever happend to the "cool club"?
md

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul... nice avatar... and quiet about the cool club... don't want people to get nosy Wink
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
hey im still here , im cool ... dont you guys remember im the sole reason that Tom West does not make turing anymre.

Shocked Do explain ... I'm new here (compared to you Embarassed )
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
shorthair wrote:

Shocked Do explain ... I'm new here (compared to you Embarassed )
He was the one who exposed the fact that the newest version of Turing was online. According to another user, that is why Tom West decided to stop developing Turing.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it's more likely that he just finally realised Turing wasn't worth it.
Notoroge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
I think it's more likely that he just finally realised Turing wasn't worth it.
I concur.
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I guess if there is anything that i actually contributed to this site , it would be that.

mmm The Day i found a fresh open link to some new software that was just waiting to be exposed to the world.

So many good things came about becuase of that update including DANsprites. which were awsome might i add. and so many cool programs taht used the 4.0.5 functions.

Im proud to have released it to the world. Tom west has no one to blame, we all gladly used his language and he gladly picked up his cheque every month from all the licencing.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: