Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 registry help
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
pavol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:47 pm   Post subject: registry help

is there any way to delete a whole section from a registry, i know how to delete the key: DeleteSetting(appname,section,key,[default]). but i have the setting saved and when i change it i will have to create a whole new section, because my program depends on it. so, i want to delete the old section (the whole thing, not just then key). is there any way i can do this?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

registry is just a common place to keep program configurations/settings/whatever.

since the settings for your program are so specialized - why not just keep it all in a custom XML file?
Monstrosity_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:14 am   Post subject: Re: registry help

pavol wrote:
is there any way to delete a whole section from a registry, i know how to delete the key: DeleteSetting(appname,section,key,[default]).

Yes. I prefer not to spoon feed though. Press F1 (or goto the site) and look up the DeleteSetting function. Look at the parameters it takes and read the remarks, should be no problem to find.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: