Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Please Help! Drawing a diagonal in C
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
UWO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:08 pm   Post subject: Please Help! Drawing a diagonal in C

Hi all,

Please Please help me! I need to plot two diagonals in a rectangle or square. The dimensions of the rectangle is given by the user. I am totally at a loss how to do it. My Prof. told me to use a slope to plot a line but i am at total loss how do i do it.

I am confused with the equation of y=mx+b; i dunno how to draw a line with this equation. I would appreciate if you guys please help me out with this. Please hep.

Regards.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know what library you're using to draw, but then again I don't think this is a syntax issue.

Should have paid attention in your algebra class.

y = mx + b

y is your Y coordinate position
x is your X coordinate position
m is the slope of the line
b is the Y coordinate at x value of 0.

slope m is defined as change in Y between two points divided by change in X over the same two points.

so if you want to draw a line from (a,b) to (c,d) you know that your slope is (d-b)/(c-a). Then for each value of X from a to c, calculate the value of coresponding Y and draw your point.
UWO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:43 pm   Post subject: Thanks!

Hi Tony,

Thanks a bunch for your help. It was definately a great help and i really appreciate it. I am sorry for posting it in the wrong forum, i'll be careful next time. BTW, you sounded like my mom, should have paid attention in your algebra class Laughing .

Thanks again and take care.

Bye.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: