Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help with ideas for program
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
turboliux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:15 pm   Post subject: help with ideas for program

i m an IB student and i need to make a JAVA program for my dossier. Do you people have any ideas? maybe i should make a database, or some kind of office program with nice GUI. i donno....
maybe you know any inspirational websites?
thnx.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
beard0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would suggest something internet realted. Make a chat client/server pair, an http server, or something of the like.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have lots of good ideas for large Java projects, having discarded most of them myself Wink But its important to know where you are with Java. How much experience do you have with programming in general, and Java/Swing in particular?
turboliux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well i m ok with java, i can make simple programs that have about 10-15 classes but i dont think i can/want make internet related program. i want to make some kind of office program or something...
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Create a text editor.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Once you have the basic, give your text editor features like:

• "Find" - try to follow the Firefox model with a search bar that doesn't overlap the document itself.
  • Formatting: alignment, font size, color, bold/italic/underline...
turboliux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

naah. i need some kinda of unique program. the user would not use my text editor, he would just use word Very Happy
anyway thnx
turboliux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i was thinking maybe the program what teaches you java and takes quizes. then you can see your progress.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
beard0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, then do what you're thinking, and don't start asking for ideas.
turboliux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thnx
1of42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:05 pm   Post subject: Re: help with ideas for program

turboliux wrote:
i m an IB student and i need to make a JAVA program for my dossier. Do you people have any ideas? maybe i should make a database, or some kind of office program with nice GUI. i donno....
maybe you know any inspirational websites?
thnx.

Where do you go to school?
turboliux

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i used to go to American School of Warsaw for 3 years. but now i m in Lyceum in Vilnius, just another IB school.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: