Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 22 Mac minis + 22 LCDs = Awesome
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:38 pm   Post subject: 22 Mac minis + 22 LCDs = Awesome

http://www.squarebox.co.uk/threshold.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

<Insert anti-mac diatribe here>

I just discovered that iTunes is the factory default music player on my new laptop.... needless to say I hate all things that start with i... including this sentence.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow. That was so insightful.

Thank you for making me see the light. Apple has never done anything interesting and there certainly has never been anything interesting done with Apple software and hardware by third parties.
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I am glad to be of service. I feel it is my duty to assist others in understanding the complex issues that surround this topic and help them avoid the various traps and pitfalls that can ensnare the naive user. Clearly, if god had ment for us to use one button mice, he wouldn't have given us fingers, or alternatively if we were ment to use one button mice we wouldn't have evolved fingers.(just trying to avoid offending anyone here)

Ok, without the sarcasm.... Apple has a certain design philosophy that focuses on a certain section of the user population. Even thought I believe this subset of the users is the majority, I know that I am not in it. So clearly, in my opinion Apple software/hardware is fundamentaly flawed from a design perspective.I understand that others might belive it is equal/superior to other systems and they are right from their personal perspective, but just as clearly wrong when viewed from mine..
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:
Ok, without the sarcasm.... Apple has a certain design philosophy that focuses on a certain section of the user population. Even thought I believe this subset of the users is the majority, I know that I am not in it.
I'm not sure which subset of the population you are reffering to here? Many, many different people love Apple products, including but not limited to:

1) Multimedia designers (graphic designers, video editors, audio editors) (Macs are traditionally the strongest platform in this area)
2) Programmers (With its strong UNIX background and powerful tools, its a favorite of most interested software tinkerers. Just ask wtd Wink)
3) Regular home users (With security being a no-brainer and its very simple and beautiful interface)

So what segment of the population do you fall under, exactly, if you're not anywhere in there? =/
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet setup Very Happy

Way to start another OSX vs. others flamechat Matthew Evil or Very Mad
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
So what segment of the population do you fall under, exactly, if you're not anywhere in there? =/

Ultra-leet.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I used to dislike macs too.. but they're just so damn pretty and nice.... must save up for a mini...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Hikaru79 wrote:

Ultra-leet.

Yeah. It'd be a shame to buy a Mac and not be able to work with bleeding-edge software. Oh wait... you can? Hmmm.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I hope you haven't confused this definition of "Ultra-leet" with being elite in any way... they're like antonym's to me.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:
Iif god had ment for us to use one button mice, he wouldn't have given us fingers...
what a terrible argument but nevertheless have you seen Apple's Might Mouse it's a two button mouse with a 1-button feel.. geez get ur facts straight... you don't need a 1-button mouse to use a mac.. a 2-button works just as good..
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
Boo-chan wrote:
Iif god had ment for us to use one button mice, he wouldn't have given us fingers...
what a terrible argument but nevertheless have you seen Apple's Might Mouse it's a two button mouse with a 1-button feel.. geez get ur facts straight... you don't need a 1-button mouse to use a mac.. a 2-button works just as good..

And, you know... you can plug any old uSB multi-button mouse into a Mac and it just works. Often more easily than it does with Winders.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my 18 button wireless remote mouse plug&plays with my Mini. Score Very Happy

also I know I've said the following somewhere before, but just for kicks:

Connecting an HP printer to various computers.

Windows XP -> connect wires, attempt to install drivers, fail, reboot, install on startup, reboot again, print.

Linux (Red Hat AS I think) -> connect wires, install drivers, print

OSX -> connect wires, print

Wink
Boo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:

I think your having problems understanding my use of sarcasm here. Yes, it is a terrible argument. I will concede that point. However, a one-button mouse is the perfect symbol of the Apple philosophy; that was why it was designed that way in the first place. The switch to a new style of mouse ( and intel based chip systems) seem to suggest that Apple is trying to shift its design style to encapsulate a larger section of the available consumer supply, as well as correct some of its glaring weaknesses.

The fact that Apple feels the necessity to change would suggest that possibly its previous products weren't as perfect as some people would wish to believe.

And yes, there are several distinct market groups whose system requirements are not met through Apple products, either through market forces or a clash in their basic philosophy on how computers and the user should interact.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Boo-chan wrote:
The fact that Apple feels the necessity to change would suggest that possibly its previous products weren't as perfect as some people would wish to believe.
Depends on your definition of perfect.. If perfect means flawless, then it was perfect.. It had no design flaws.. But some folks "prefered" to use a 2-button.. simple as that.

Boo-chan wrote:
And yes, there are several distinct market groups whose system requirements are not met through Apple products, either through market forces or a clash in their basic philosophy on how computers and the user should interact.
Yes like microsoft zombies and windows drones..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 5  [ 72 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: