Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci downtime+roll back+eveything_else_compsci
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mr. T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:51 pm   Post subject: Alex's Opinion

wtd wrote:
Token wrote:
iPod
Why should I pay 99 cents a song for muzik i already have on cd?

It's part of being up-to-date with all the newest technology. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
MAC people r ghay!!!!11!1

Quote:
I dont no why MAC even keeps making crapple computers. i shouldn't even call them computers... They dont even use teh RAMS.

Quote:
Ipods suck!

They dont eevn come with an FM tuner. I cant listen to teh top 40 with orignal static!!!

and you can only put music on from crappy Itunes music shack! Why should I pay 99 cents a song for muzik i already have on cd?

C|net Article

damn.. what were they studying.. Razz Laughing
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Alex's Opinion

Pwned wrote:
wtd wrote:
Token wrote:
iPod
Why should I pay 99 cents a song for muzik i already have on cd?

It's part of being up-to-date with all the newest technology. Confused

I was being sarcastic.

I was pointing out the misconception many people have that you can only put iTMS music on the iPod. In fact, you can use music from many sources, and in many formats. Certainly you can load music ripped from a CD onto an iPod and listen to it.
Token

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hah, I never said that iPods are the very best, but they are one of the top selling mp3 devices, and WTD is right, you can upload music from other sources, if you had to pay 99cents per song they wouldent be so goddamn expensive. I personally just use my cd walkman, disks CD-R's are about 30cents if you buy them in bulk and they work just fine for me.

okay lets try somthing, next time you bash mac, post how many hours you've spent on a mac, I've spent maybe over 30 hours on the macs at school, and personally I dont like them as much as my pc but they are very nice machines. I'm just curious how many of you are just blowing smoke. but I guess Ignorance is bliss Laughing
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Token wrote:
they are one of the top selling mp3 devices

They are the best selling portable music playing device.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Token wrote:
okay lets try somthing, next time you bash mac, post how many hours you've spent on a mac, I've spent maybe over 30 hours on the macs at school, and personally I dont like them as much as my pc but they are very nice machines. I'm just curious how many of you are just blowing smoke. but I guess Ignorance is bliss Laughing

In total, I've spent a couple of years now.. 6 i think.. and i love them. IMHO it pwns the pc anyday... (once you get used to it, you'd never want to switch back, well except to play some games)
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think anyone who bashes apples is nothing, I agree with token you are spewing smoke, and have most likely never used for for longer than to get mad at it over the start. I used apples for every, although I like gaming so I have windows computer as well, but when it comes to graphics and video editing I can't beat a MAC. I have never had a problem that I didn't create myself. On the other hand windows gives me so much trouble. you can get emulators for MAC's but they aren't good. The MAC help is sooooooooooo good! they walk you through so nicely, even my dad can work on one easy.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, maybe we can through in some statistics in here. Everybody's favourite "anything" analizer -- Google's "love/hate" searches. Here's how it works: search for "I love <subject>" and then "I hate <subject>" and compare the results.

subject | love | hate | L/H ratio
windows : 26,100 : 45,500 : 0.57
linux : 58,700 : 20,800 : 2.82
mac : 63,300 : 10,100 : 6.26

now don't go searching for "apple", though it's still better than windows Laughing

Games -- Macs satisfy my gaming requirements. All Blizzard games (StarCraft, Diablo II, World of Warcraft), Unreal Tournament. There're many others. Besides the games I play most are best played in an arcade or on a console (DDR anyone?)

The only substantial argument against Macs is that there's no OSX native AutoCAD. Oh wait, Maya runs on OSX (and linux for that matter)
Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well... this is almost out of context at this point, so I'll segue with:

Ipods are ridiculously overpriced, and I hate them fiercely because I don't have one.

...and now the segue back to the original thread subject...

Just like I haven't had a login again, since every time I've registered for the site, I've been erased by a rollback. Crying or Very sad

...I now return you to your thread-in-progress: Ipods suck.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
...I now return you to your thread-in-progress: Ipods suck.

Way to make an argument.

codemage wrote:

Ipods are ridiculously overpriced

You're trying too hard to be funny. At $129, Shuffle is one of the cheapest MP3 players out there in its class. Actually I think that every iPod (other than Nano perhaps) are very compeditavly priced in their respective configuration levels.
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I speak for aleast me and maybe others?

BUT HuH!!

What do you mean?
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's been a bit of a long day for me to be picky about word choice, so I'll concede the point: shuffles aren't "ridiculously overpriced". They're just seriously underfeatured. For the same price you can get a player (pick your alternative brand) with the same storage, a screen, and actual track navigation.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

..and same size?
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Same.

Check FutureShop, for example. (I've masked the links in case the admin prefer not to have links to external commercial sites - replace the "xx" in hxxp with a copy & paste).

Creative Labs MuVo
hxxp://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10052802&catid=10205&logon=&langid=EN

Shuffle
hxxp://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10056434&catid=22353&logon=&langid=EN

Same exact price and MB size. The product from Creative is superior in almost every single other category.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dunno but..

ipod shuffle wrote:
supported formats = AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV (and non-DRMed WMA)

weight = 22.1g

supported OS's= Win2000/XP/Mac OS X ver.(1,2,3,4)/Linux

versus.

Creative Labs MuVo 512MB MP3 Player (TX FM) wrote:
supported formats = just MP3, WMA

weight = 80g

supporte OS's = Win98SE/2000/Me/XP only

is not a very good comparison of features..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 6  [ 90 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: