Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CG skills needed
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Aoi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:50 pm   Post subject: CG skills needed

Okay! who wants to help out with the splash page? well I need someone who is really skilled at cging cuz I can draw (not even well) but I can't cg and the final product for the splash page needs someone with major cg skills, so if you believe that you got the stuff post a sample of want you can do and I'll decide who gets through the first round and the rest will be done by poll alrite? thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks like i may win by default.

>Entry<
It's an old one, as you may remember, but it's got a certain "refridgerator-door" charm.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment

Crying or Very sad

I would try, but... It wouldn't be worth the effort Smile.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Looks like i may win by default.

>Entry<
It's an old one, as you may remember, but it's got a certain "refridgerator-door" charm.

ROFL... yea i vote for Coutsos...

coutsos: damn your good. Laughing
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry, Gandalf, I think the problem came from the fact that it was originally uploaded in a section you don't have access to. Like I said, I made this picture quite a long time ago. I'll reupload here.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes!!

On the other hand...
Bye Dan!
Sorry, I don't really feel like reuploading it. Besides, its probably better you didn't see it...
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You guys are just too much.. Though I'm sure to produce something just as outstanding. I just have to finish my current tasks first.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Aoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

............................. NO!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seems to me that dan's avatar should really be right behind tony's there... I mean it's a rather sugestive position Wink
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

u said there wud be a poll?? how 2 vote plz? thx
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Another go.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I was going for the "Buddy Jesus" look, but with another hand in there it would be too cramped for an avatar. If I have time (and patience) later I might go back and work on the cuffs to match with the rest of the clothing, as well as make it a PNG with proper transparency.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*gasp*

Thank you, Coutsos!
Feel free to make it a bit bigger, if you want to fit the other hand in there.

You're getting into a habit of making avatars for others, it seems? To that end: Someone with profile-controlling privledges should change Aoi's avatar to Coutsos' version of it. If she doesn't comply willingly, that is.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

On cgtalk.com they usually have drawing competitions with various themes that a few people keep turning into parodies of other users' avatars, I'm hoping I'm not ending up like that (I mean, they got pretty annoying after a while), but this is fun so far. Besides, I couldn't resist. Every time I looked at your avatar I saw a Buddy waiting to happen. I'll see if I can get him to wink!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm glad you liked it enough to make it your avatar. Smile
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here we are. I must say, I'm really more pleased with the results of the non-pointing avatar. With-hand was much more difficult to pull off because all pictures of Buddy Jesus so him from a different angle than our friend Cervantes here.
Still, it's up to you. I'm just glad I could get something reminiscent of a smile out of it (albeit a bit toothpaste commercial looking...), and whether or not you can tell he's supposed to be winking. Razz Razz

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Awesome. Truly awesome.

I made a few minor modifications, however, just to make him less angry-looking. I made his smile a bit bigger and his eyebrow less curved downwards.

Thank you Coutsos! Very Happy
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: